2019 Draft Discussion

MOSteelers56

As a UGA homer, I love Baker as well.

I've heard some stuff about him and some kinda issues with desire and passion.  There are some podcasts (Draft Dudes) that are very low on him, citing reports of bad practice habits and whatnot.  I was wondering if this is something that you guys have heard as well.  If so, where is the fire to the smoke?

What's everyone's take on Joe Jackson from Miami? If you watch his tape from earlier in his college career he's a lot more juiced up. Apparently he gained weight his last year at Miami to play with some power, but it kind of robbed him of his athleticism. He weighed in at 275 at the combine. I'd like to see what he can do at 260.

On 4/3/2019 at 4:24 PM, kurgan said:

As a UGA homer, I love Baker as well.

I've heard some stuff about him and some kinda issues with desire and passion.  There are some podcasts (Draft Dudes) that are very low on him, citing reports of bad practice habits and whatnot.  I was wondering if this is something that you guys have heard as well.  If so, where is the fire to the smoke?

Yeah, I read that too. 

https://triblive.com/sports/football-footnotes-steelers-interested-in-west-virginia-wide-receiver/

Looking at the draft and how it might play out I think Andy Isabella to the Steelers with the 52nd pick in the 2nd round would be a great option.  They might got Bush in the 1st round or a TE like Hockenson possibly.  But Isabella would fit a slot WR role potentially and give them more of a deep threat speed option they lost by losing Antonio Brown.  He also has some kick return ability as well by but clearly is not the threat Brown was in that regard especially coming out of college.  Deebo Samuel is another option in the 2nd who is a little more thick and strong but is not as fast as Isabella but could do well in the slot and on deep routes.

Every talks about the Steelers double dipping at WR this year, but I feel like the real offensive position we might double dip on is TE. Is anyone really confident in Grimble being our #2? I mean, I'm not confident in him being our #3. I'd like to grab a combo of Warring in the 2nd and Wesco in the 5th. That would be an interesting TE group. 

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Every talks about the Steelers double dipping at WR this year, but I feel like the real offensive position we might double dip on is TE. Is anyone really confident in Grimble being our #2? I mean, I'm not confident in him being our #3. I'd like to grab a combo of Warring in the 2nd and Wesco in the 5th. That would be an interesting TE group. 

I have zero faith in Grimble.  I think we have to draft a TE.  Not sure how early though.  I have a feeling they over draft Moreau.

On 4/5/2019 at 11:34 AM, MOSteelers56 said:

How does Sills compare to Cooper Kupp?

He does not.  Kupp is a precise route runner with a lot of smarts about the position.  Stills is a converted QB that is still learning the spot. 

On 4/5/2019 at 10:25 AM, MOSteelers56 said:

What's everyone's take on Joe Jackson from Miami? If you watch his tape from earlier in his college career he's a lot more juiced up. Apparently he gained weight his last year at Miami to play with some power, but it kind of robbed him of his athleticism. He weighed in at 275 at the combine. I'd like to see what he can do at 260.

Jackson was great as a freshman then put on a lot go weight and lost his explosiveness.  You see one great play from him then 2 bad ones.  He needs to drop to 250 again.  He lost what made him good with the weight gain.

4 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

I have zero faith in Grimble.  I think we have to draft a TE.  Not sure how early though.  I have a feeling they over draft Moreau.

Yea I think it’s gonna be him personally...either him or 1 of Warring(Bruener worked him at SD st Pro day), Sternberger(Colbert at Pro day plus just a feeling) or Mack from ND.

Archived