2019 Draft Discussion

MOSteelers56

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I think we double dip Stills and Boykin; single dip TE. 

I don’t think there’s room for 2 WRs...agree on not double dipping at TE.

Plus, they’ll be drafting a RB on day 3 most likely...(very slight chance day 2).

18 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I hope the opt to take advantage of the depth of WR in the later Rds instead of Day 2 or God forbid Day 1. 

Yes, there is so much depth on the defensive side of the ball on day 2 with WR depth in later rds.

Steelers have 4 obvious holes going into next year...before extensions/resigning...CB w/ Haden...FS with Davis...Edge with Dupree...NT w/ Hargrave.

I don’t see how WR can be a high pick with that stating you in the face...that not even factoring this years need for #2 TE and possibly a big need at LG next year.

I will disagree on the holes.

CB Yes.  Haden and Burns are FA next season

ILB Talentless - Need an upgrade here desperately.

Power/Shot yardage RB - Need one.

WR - speed WR

TE - Yes.  Need talent.

ST - Special teams need more speed and talent.  Otherwise read depth.

I do not see them needing a OLman at all in this draft. They might take one but they do not need one.

Unless the Steelers are not enamored with Davis I do not see FS as a high pick.  If they have soured on him them I expect to see a Safety like Rapp on day 2 ( hopefully not day 1)  Day 2 could see Rapp or Savage or Blair

So given the issues at CB and ILB, I do not see EDGE given much of a NEED as other people.  This draft is so thin at EDGE that if they do not get one in the 2nd I just do not see it happening

17 hours ago, jebrick said:

He does not.  Kupp is a precise route runner with a lot of smarts about the position.  Stills is a converted QB that is still learning the spot. 

I will add that Hunter Renfrow is close to Kupp as you will find in this draft.  He does not have Kupp's length .  He is a low ceiling player but a very high floor.

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

WR - speed WR

TE - Yes.  Need talent.

I do not see them needing a OLman at all in this draft. They might take one but they do not need one.

Unless the Steelers are not enamored with Davis I do not see FS as a high pick.  If they have soured on him them I expect to see a Safety like Rapp on day 2 ( hopefully not day 1)  Day 2 could see Rapp or Savage or Blair

So given the issues at CB and ILB, I do not see EDGE given much of a NEED as other people.  This draft is so thin at EDGE that if they do not get one in the 2nd I just do not see it happening

I personally think we could revamp our secondary in this draft with the day 2 depth at CB and safety. 

I think we will miss out on the ILB and edge in rd one and we are almost stuck taking one of the top 3 CBs. Then day 2 there should be most of the safeties left and a bunch of decent CBs into the 3rd.

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

WR - speed WR

TE - Yes.  Need talent.

I meant OL going into 2020 draft sorry since Finney or Foster(1 of them) will be gone.

Im just going with the idea of Steelers he really going into the draft to fill the following years needs.

S is interesting...they’ve showed interest on a lot of day 2 guys..Rapp/Adderley/Thompson

Edge is interesting...haven’t seem interested in slot of guys...went to Ferrell’s Pro day but besides him and dining with Wincovich, I don’t recall much else.

We agree with them drafting a 3rd RB this year.

18 hours ago, jebrick said:

Remember day 2 is 2nd and 3rd rounds.  They can get a good WR in the 3rd

Yep and even there after. I would consider Ridley and Deebo in the 2nd but, as suggested, the the position is soooo deep. 4th and later guys...Ratliff-Williams, Stanley Morgan, Cody Thompson, Sills, Jennings....

Archived