SirA1

36 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Hawaii 3up #1:

EDGE Jadeveon Clowney

IRL Contract: Franchise Tag: 15,443/1 year

BDL Offer: 15,443*75 = 11,583/1 year

Starting Cap Space: $33,788

Ending Cap Space: $22,205

Approve. @SirA1 or whomever is capable of answering does this become a long term deal if/when Clowney signs a long term contract this offseason?

23 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Approve. @SirA1 or whomever is capable of answering does this become a long term deal if/when Clowney signs a long term contract this offseason?

From my understanding I have the choice to extend him at his IRL deal (with the 3up discount) if he does an extension this season.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

From my understanding I have the choice to extend him at his IRL deal (with the 3up discount) if he does an extension this season.

• For players under the NFL Franchise Tag they can be 3 Upped for 100% the value of the Franchise tag. If the are signed to a long term deal during the same season their BDL Contract will revert to 75% of the IRL value of they new contract. This is done to prevent any issues with going over the BDL Salary cap.

Clowney would have to be the full $15,443. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SirA1 said:

• For players under the NFL Franchise Tag they can be 3 Upped for 100% the value of the Franchise tag. If the are signed to a long term deal during the same season their BDL Contract will revert to 75% of the IRL value of they new contract. This is done to prevent any issues with going over the BDL Salary cap.

Clowney would have to be the full $15,443. 

wait wait wait.....

So I have to choose to 100% extend a FA to get the benefit of getting his 3up in an extension? I thought we couldn't 100% extend FAs?