BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Just now, WFLukic said:

He's back under because I beat him on Duke Johnson. Is there a mechanism to make bids which take someone over the cap invalid?

It's possible but it would take some work to set up.  Not sure it's the best idea at this point in time.  Changing formulas to that sheet could turn into a nightmare.

off topic:  I'm playing around with some publishing features.

pubchart?oid=1268018492&format=image

• Like 1

Just now, ny92mike said:

It's possible but it would take some work to set up.  Not sure it's the best idea at this point in time.  Changing formulas to that sheet could turn into a nightmare.

off topic:  I'm playing around with some publishing features.

pubchart?oid=1268018492&format=image

Anyone know anything about publishing.  Would like to resize it if possible.

38 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

He's back under because I beat him on Duke Johnson. Is there a mechanism to make bids which take someone over the cap invalid?

So I"m not sure how you guys work the rules with this.  If pending bids count against the cap then we need to make an adjustment to the formula to reflect that.  @TedLavie mentioned doing this earlier.  I know that in my mock drafts, I recently started accounting for pending contracts and it did slow some of the haphazardly bidding but you guys are putting bids on players just to be putting bids on players according to some so if that is something you want to continue, including pending bids into the available cap has the potential to reduce that methodology.

Edited by ny92mike

47 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

It's possible to do it I'm sure but as @ny92mike said, I wouldn't focus on that today. If we keep going with the sheet this week and in the future, we'll correct it. Same as the slow loading.

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

It's possible to do it I'm sure but as @ny92mike said, I wouldn't focus on that today. If we keep going with the sheet this week and in the future, we'll correct it. Same as the slow loading.

Hey man, what are you thinking with including pending contracts in the available cap after FA?

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Hey man, what are you thinking with including pending contracts in the available cap after FA?

I've taken the liberty to do it yesterday night haha.

So now the "Available cap after FA" includes all signed players and all leading bids

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Are you guys good with the 48 hour clock?  Im watching paint dry...haha.  As a spectator I'm ready to see something happen.

Just my 2 cents but I don't think the additional 24 hours is all that great.

I would agree in a vacuum, but the fact that some people can't access google drive in work put them at a competitive disadvantage which makes a 48hr clock mandatory

Edited by TedLavie

8 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I would agree in a vacuum, but the fact that some people can't access google drive in work put them at a competitive disadvantage which makes a 48hr clock mandatory

Perhaps...Would be worth monitoring to see if that time frame couldn't be shortened in future years.  Two days just seems like a long time.

So it's been a day and besides Whicker, wwhicock, BDP and Rags everyone has used the workbook.

I think there were three main complaints:

1. It's sloooow. Mike and I believe we have a solution for this which should be quite easy. We'll check that out when I come home from work tonight

2. Some people can't access it from work, hence why we made the 48hr clock rule. I'll also try to check if making a more "mobile friendly" version is possible by changing some formatting

3. You don't get the notifications if you get overbid. I think it's wahsed out by the fact that you don't have to scroll down the thread to check the last valid bid, but I get that complaint and unfortunately I don't see any fix

@bcb1213 @SirA1 when you balance out the user standpoint and the roster spreadsheet master standpoint, how do you feel about it? You're more convinced than you were originally?

• Like 1