BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Just now, Jlash said:

Once I was able to C+P the cells it hasn't been an issue for me, so either way I'm good.  This may help me operate things from my phone at work though.

Right...let me know if it takes longer to load the form with all the names in it.  It took like a full minute to copy that list into the form, so I'm curious if it takes that long to view the list within the form. 

6 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Right...let me know if it takes longer to load the form with all the names in it.  It took like a full minute to copy that list into the form, so I'm curious if it takes that long to view the list within the form. 

I don't know if it's related, but I lost all sound on my computer and had to restart after I opened that sheet. Haha. I'm gonna guess that's unrelated.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TedLavie said:

So it's been a day and besides Whicker, wwhicock, BDP and Rags everyone has used the workbook.

I think there were three main complaints:

1. It's sloooow. Mike and I believe we have a solution for this which should be quite easy. We'll check that out when I come home from work tonight

2. Some people can't access it from work, hence why we made the 48hr clock rule. I'll also try to check if making a more "mobile friendly" version is possible by changing some formatting

3. You don't get the notifications if you get overbid. I think it's wahsed out by the fact that you don't have to scroll down the thread to check the last valid bid, but I get that complaint and unfortunately I don't see any fix

@bcb1213 @SirA1 when you balance out the user standpoint and the roster spreadsheet master standpoint, how do you feel about it? You're more convinced than you were originally?

I think the new Shark Tank version is fine. I'd even say that next year we can look at going back to 24 hours. I've been able to follow along during the day with my phone but wouldn't want to attempt to make bids with it.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

I think the new Shark Tank version is fine. I'd even say that next year we can look at going back to 24 hours. I've been able to follow along during the day with my phone but wouldn't want to attempt to make bids with it.

I think we need to make it more mobile friendly to run it to a 24hr clock. Which means faster and better formatting. But we can work on that.

So @Jlash @bcb1213 @Hockey5djh @Counselor @wwhickok @Whicker @BringinDaPain @SirA1 @MD4L @PR @Ragnarok @RuskieTitan @WFLukic @SwoleXmad @pheltzbahr 

Do any of you want to switch back to the forum for the rest of the Shark Tank? It's been almost 48hr, time to make a decision

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

IMPORTANT:  This form is not linked to the official shark tank workbook.  This is just to show you guys something that would make it easier on all of us.

So check this out.

Rather than requiring a manual entry of the player name and pos and making sure that it matches exactly.  I've loaded all the names into the form, which we would update when players are added and or removed from the tank.  This wouldn't have worked last year because of the amount of entries being added but it's working now.  

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeU__LTo1y5kzc3EahxWSHf_k5ANTHyJKwRIo4OKYv2F-OxEw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Give it a look and let me know if you guys wanna switch to this as it would prevent a ton of typo issues that we've been dealing with.

Personnally not a fan because it takes a while to scroll down the whole player list. But I don't have ny issue with typos, so I'll roll with whatever people prefer

2 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I think we need to make it more mobile friendly to run it to a 24hr clock. Which means faster and better formatting. But we can work on that.

So @Jlash @bcb1213 @Hockey5djh @Counselor @wwhickok @Whicker @BringinDaPain @SirA1 @MD4L @PR @Ragnarok @RuskieTitan @WFLukic @SwoleXmad @pheltzbahr 

Do any of you want to switch back to the forum for the rest of the Shark Tank? It's been almost 48hr, time to make a decision

Again, I'm not gonna be active during ST this year so I dont want to have an opinion. 

3 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I like doing it on the new sheets instead of the forum.

3 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I'm fine letting things run their course this year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I like workbook.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

I was against it at first.

But this is a lot easier than last years ST, keep it. 

I don't think it would hold up for FA given the complexity of contract years plus IRL contracts though. 

It would take some advanced calculations using if-then calculation involving years

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I was against it at first.

But this is a lot easier than last years ST, keep it. 

I don't think it would hold up for FA given the complexity of contract years plus IRL contracts though. 

I think if we wantt to roll it out for FA we need to change the rules. I'm not sure I want to do that. And, tbh, FA is a LOT easier to track for SirA, bcb and I than ST because there's less activity on so many players (edit: or at least that's my opinion). This is a question for the owners' meeting though

Edited by TedLavie
  • Like 3