BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

6 minutes ago, PR said:

There is something up with Will Richardson on my team database. He is starting rg for Jaguars but is listed as not on a team. Melvin has been also stuck in FA land but at leadt has his team listed

I had a couple players like that for a while too and it corrected itself.

14 minutes ago, PR said:

There is something up with Will Richardson on my team database. He is starting rg for Jaguars but is listed as not on a team. Melvin has been also stuck in FA land but at leadt has his team listed

There were 2500 transactions over the weekend. Spotrac may take awhile to update things.

I've got two players Suspended in Hunt and Holton Hill that should also not count as active but I'm not sure the Roster sheet has a way to track them.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

There were 2500 transactions over the weekend. Spotrac may take awhile to update things.

I've got two players Suspended in Hunt and Holton Hill that should also not count as active but I'm not sure the Roster sheet has a way to track them.

You holding off on your trade for some reason?

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Question...

Cody Whitehair just signed a fairly significant extension. Do I get to apply that extension? Or does it simply apply if I choose to 3 up him? I'm still getting used to these systems.

You can only use 3 Ups during the following offseason now and only on BDL UFA's. So it would be next offseason as Whitehair has 1 year left on his BDL deal.

35 minutes ago, Counselor said:

If you got a WR for trade (that actually can play) hit me up 

29 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I am looking for DE depth and a WR (possibly)

Not that I would necessarily trade him but I can entertain offers for TY

4 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I'm looking to move Dog Baldwin's contract if someone wants a draft pick next season.

He can't file retirement papers because he would lose his injury settlement money from the NFLPA. But is able to be a FA cut on 1/1/2020.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/5/15/18624899/dont-expect-official-retirement-statement-doug-baldwin-anytime-soon-seattle-seahawks-injury-payments

https://mynorthwest.com/1494455/doug-baldwin-renton-community-project/?

I know the sticklers won't allow him to be removed from a roster until he files the paperwork though.

This is why I don't like the retirement rule. Dude is all but retired but for one reason or another he's not officially so he's just deadcap. 

46 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Question...

Cody Whitehair just signed a fairly significant extension. Do I get to apply that extension? Or does it simply apply if I choose to 3 up him? I'm still getting used to these systems.

100% extension is an option but you might as well wait for the 3up in the offseason. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TedLavie said:

As for the new team sheets. I don't mind it but don't know if it's entirely necessary. I'm OK with just manually deleting bids.

As for the formula issue why is it an issue? I'm guessing you have formula that take into account only a limited amount of cells. How many? Cause I doubt we're going to have many bids left. Maybe 100ish I would say. 

@bcb1213we have waivers before week 1?

Okay...If you take a look at the Response Sorting sheet you'll notice a lot of #N/A errors.  Each one of these are formulas that require processing calculations which slows it down.  I'm looking to remove those by using fewer formulas in another sheet.  

So rather than calculating every invalid entry and every signed player, in a range of roughly 20 columns I'm using 4 or 5 in the buffer sheet.  This also drastically cleans things up in both the bid sorting sheet and team pages.  If you take a look at the NEW template sheet it's showing far less clutter than the original team page for Jazz.

edit:  This new team page shows a total of 14 pending bids, by Jazz.  The old Jazz sheet showed a total of 42 and most of that is clutter.

Edited by ny92mike