BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

The first quote is what confused me then, because it sounded like we shouldn't have approved the trade yesterday, when in reality he didn't go over the cap until today. I think we're clear now.

No No man, The first question wasn't meant to be sarcastic, was asking if the cap played a role in approving a trade or not, as I wasn't sure if it did or not.

I'm just trying to figure it out because the trade gives Singapore several thousand in cap.  Which is important to the team heading into the final days of the tank.

It's also important to the teams that have bids on the players that bdp just upped today.  Not sure what those remaining bids times would do if his latest bids are invalid, but if they are close to the 48 hr duration, bdp might want to submit new bids on these players or at least some of them.  

Faster you guys make a ruling on this the better for everyone involved.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I’ve proposed this rule before and I think this is a good time to bring it up again. 

The rule should be that everyone is responsible for their own cap. No one else. You’re allowed to bid, trade, etc all you want. However, if you are over the cap during a game, you forfeit. You continue forfeiting games until you’re under the cap. 

Ooo there's a really bad loophole here 

Sign a bunch of dudes.  Tank.  Three three downs plus the good players you can keep plus number one pick 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Ooo there's a really bad loophole here 

Sign a bunch of dudes.  Tank.  Three three downs plus the good players you can keep plus number one pick 

Never mind

Edited by Whicker

Just now, Whicker said:

You know what, I'm arguing again when I told myself I shouldn't. Forget I said anything. I have nothing to contribute at all to this league and no one listens to me anyway

You know that the last sentence isn't true.  And if you want to contribute more, we can always put you on the contract and trade committees.

20 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I’ve proposed this rule before and I think this is a good time to bring it up again. 

The rule should be that everyone is responsible for their own cap. No one else. You’re allowed to bid, trade, etc all you want. However, if you are over the cap during a game, you forfeit. You continue forfeiting games until you’re under the cap. 

Noted. I'll add it the Owner's meeting topics. Seriously.

19 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You know that the last sentence isn't true.  And if you want to contribute more, we can always put you on the contract and trade committees.

No need to punish the guy. 

No K, extra flex league. So you can potentially start 4 rbs. 10/10 pick.

Lamar Jackson (I know)
James Connor
Joe Mixon
Chris Carson
Duke Johnson
Devin Singletary
Jaylen Samuels
Stefon Diggs
Kenny Golladay
Courtland Sutton
DeSean Jackson
Dante Pettis