BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

19 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Let me ask you guys this.

Are the BDL positions the same as irl.  I mean I know in the game plans you guys will put say a guard at center for example but are you listing them as such in the database?

So the recent issues with players being listed as PS/Inactive is because of the identifier I'm using to match names with spotrac and bdl.  They use different ways of listing the names for example spotrac using the importhtml formula pulls the names in to the workbook like this.  "Cann A.J. Cann"  but in the IR listing use "Alex Smith" and because some players have the same name it makes it difficult to pair each name.  To make this a little easier I include the position so it's "Alex Smith - QB" to match these names.  

Sorry making this a more complicated read/question than it needs to be.

What I'm asking is can we use the position that spotrac is using as the bdl position.  So if HOU is playing a 34 defense then any players listed as DE would be considered INT any OLB would be listed as Edge.  

Making these changes to the BDL Position column in the player database would make matching more accurate.

I would prefer proper Edge and Int statuses, yes 

Just now, Whicker said:

I mean my ultimate preference is for them to be listed how I see them but I guess Spotrac is a reasonable compromise 

I'm good either way, having it set up to where BDL position differ from spotrac requires a new column be added.  In the past, did the managers of the workbook change positions upon request?

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I'm good either way, having it set up to where BDL position differ from spotrac requires a new column be added.  In the past, did the managers of the workbook change positions upon request?

Yeah I think it was by request or done during the acquisition. 

I think it should be listed at the BDL owner’s discretion before Spotrac but it’s not worth the fight most likely. 

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

Yeah I think it was by request or done during the acquisition. 

I think it should be listed at the BDL owner’s discretion before Spotrac but it’s not worth the fight most likely. 

Like I said man, I'm fine either way.  @TedLavie or @SirA1 might have something else to say about it.  For me it's just a matter of adding a new column that has the spotrac position title so that the player is matched correctly to the imported data.  

I'd likely need to change some of the filter formulas due to adding a column but it wouldn't require a whole new workbook, could all be done using the current version.

32 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@Counselor you see a need to show the co-Owner's name in the League Trade Block.

Now let's talk about a depth chart within this workbook. ny interest in that? A

No if only because I never update it and I don't want you to waste your time in a feature few will use. 

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Like I said man, I'm fine either way.  @TedLavie or @SirA1 might have something else to say about it.  For me it's just a matter of adding a new column that has the spotrac position title so that the player is matched correctly to the imported data.  

I'd likely need to change some of the filter formulas due to adding a column but it wouldn't require a whole new workbook, could all be done using the current version.

Can you just make it a hidden column?  Then literally no one will see it anyhow 

• Like 1