BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

I have a question about the three up process. It might be lifted in the guidelines and I'm probably missing it. So when you choose to use a three up on someone how do you determine how much they will cost and how many years you get them for? I do understand it's based on the contract that they received correct? So if I'm assuming correctly hypothetically would say a player signs a five-year 45 million-dollar contract. How would that equate into a contract in this league for our three up

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I have a question about the three up process. It might be lifted in the guidelines and I'm probably missing it. So when you choose to use a three up on someone how do you determine how much they will cost and how many years you get them for? I do understand it's based on the contract that they received correct? So if I'm assuming correctly hypothetically would say a player signs a five-year 45 million-dollar contract. How would that equate into a contract in this league for our three up

It’s 75 percent of their in real life contract for whatever that length is 

That would be a 5 year 33,750k contract at 6,750k per year

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Put it in the transactions thread but also posted here:

Camden RFA tags:

DE Yannick Ngakoue - 2nd round tender

S Kevin Byard - 2nd round tender

OT Hal Vaitai - 7th round tender

CB Daryl Worley - 6th round tender

@Whicker you can thank JLash, I likely won't use my 2nd rounder on Kyler.

@Counselor I understand you have RL issues, which I sympathize to of course. However, you changed your team location and revamped your roster in recent weeks so I'm guessing this is not a thought-out decision. I'd advise to take some time off BDL and see if, in the end, you still want to leave. It's not a very busy time of the year in BDL, so take the time you need. 

@BringinDaPain @wwhickok @samsel23 and all other newcomers. As Whicker said, I advise you to discuss with an independent owner before making a trade, especially at the beginning. Of course, we aren't better than you at knowing football/mocking etc, that's not what we're saying. But we can guide you through a couple of specific things from BDL to help you before making a decision. You'll learn the in and outs of the league quickly, but before you get a real feel of BDL draft/FA/reg season, there are some parameters you won't necessarily have when you make a decision.

• Like 1

Just now, TedLavie said:

@Whicker you can thank JLash, I likely won't use my 2nd rounder on Kyler.

@Counselor I understand you have RL issues, which I sympathize to of course. However, you changed your team location and revamped your roster in recent weeks so I'm guessing this is not a thought-out decision. I'd advise to take some time off BDL and see if, in the end, you still want to leave. It's not a very busy time of the year in BDL, so take the time you need. 

@BringinDaPain @wwhickok @samsel23 and all other newcomers. As Whicker said, I advise you to discuss with an independent owner before making a trade, especially at the beginning. Of course, we aren't better than you at knowing football/mocking etc, that's not what we're saying. But we can guide you through a couple of specific things from BDL to help you before making a decision. You'll learn the in and outs of the league quickly, but before you get a real feel of BDL draft/FA/reg season, there are some parameters you won't necessarily have when you make a decision.

Gave my team up already so there is no turning back. Thank you Ted