BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Just now, TedLavie said:

I was surprised you took him this high tbh. I don't think he's much more than a 4th rounder IRL.

Thompson being picked in the 5th did surprise me though. I liked him

I think a lot of people expected Thompson to fall because once Bama's schedule picked up his play fell off a cliff. But he was only in his first year starting, so I think some of that should've been forgiven. 

9 minutes ago, Jlash said:

He's made it through a full season 1 time in 6 years, so maybe he's an insurance policy for right now with an eye on the future? That's my hope.

Probably but I can't give a high grade to someone not starting from the jump 

• Like 1

Just now, Jlash said:

I think a lot of people expected Thompson to fall because once Bama's schedule picked up his play fell off a cliff. But he was only in his first year starting, so I think some of that should've been forgiven. 

What killed him is he wasn't able to run at combine or pro day so he didn't have a 40 time for teams to use.  With his talent not soo far past other options, teams played it safer 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Vosean Joseph was my #1 or #2 UDFA target before the draft but man that landing spot isn't great for him

He’s from Miami, so I liked him. Not participating in the combine made him no draftable for me.