BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

35 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I wasn't asking your take on the contracts, I was asking if laughs was rags motive for being a clown about them yesterday. You know, since he's 'confirming' whatever that is you call funny.

It's not even about the time with you. It's you making posts that are clearly just looking to stir up a reaction for no reason. And then when you quote me about it, I'm going to respond.

Nope.

12 minutes ago, Whicker said:

And I would have let Bell walk for that, tbh. 

I mean He's already gotten $26K plus from me over the last two years. ($12K+$14K) that's a bargain price. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Sure enough I don't necessarily think that's 100% true I think it kind of is case-by-case but another guy for example is Le'Veon Bell who was offered more by the Steelers and then ended up signing for Less so I mean you're not wrong and I was just asking because I wanted to be completely sure what you were talking about before I made a comment but it's a good point I think it's a valid point even if it isn't 100% or it is case-by-case the majority of the time what you just said is completely correct

It is generally the case with most guys that aren't 3 upped. Joel Bitonio is another one. JLash was going to pay him like $8K/yr but because of the Pheltz rule we have in place about back paying rookies it couldn't get approved unless it was $9K+/yr so he let him walk into FA and he ended up with $6K/yr deal he's now on.

• Like 2

My full proposal is this: 

Snake Style PFA Draft to take place 2-7 days after actual draft (depends on what the time line is that ppl normally sign udfa's)

1 hr time slots. Picks forfeited if not made during 60 minute time slot. Picks may not be made after your 60 minutr time slot is up, you literally forfeit it, as i stated, losing the pick. 

Move Free Agency to follow 2 days after conclusion of PFA.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

My full proposal is this: 

Snake Style PFA Draft to take place 2-7 days after actual draft (depends on what the time line is that ppl normally sign udfa's)

1 hr time slots. Picks forfeited if not made during 60 minute time slot. Picks may not be made after your 60 minutr time slot is up, you literally forfeit it, as i stated, losing the pick. 

Move Free Agency to follow 2 days after conclusion of PFA.

Added.

Just now, SirA1 said:

Added.

Do me a favor make the bit about FA a separate proposal.

For reasons discussed in pm. Itll make it easier for voting. Ppl might agree with the first part but not the part about FA. If both fail to pass thats fine but i dont want it to fail because it shouldve been 2 proposals instead of 1. Does that make sense?

5 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

@Ragnarok Help me understand your issue with the 75%? While yes, its a steep discount to the IRL contract of many top players we also overpay for depth players in the league as we only have half the teams of an NFL squad.

How often to guys actually take a hometown discount?  It's really rare.  I think that 85% was more than fair for the owners as we do have higher priced guys because of the rosters are condensed.  Dropping it even more comes across as self-serving on our end.  

That said, I could have expressed my thoughts on the matter in a more productive manner last night.  So that's my bad.  

Just now, Ragnarok said:

How often to guys actually take a hometown discount?  It's really rare.  I think that 85% was more than fair for the owners as we do have higher priced guys because of the rosters are condensed.  Dropping it even more comes across as self-serving on our end.  

That said, I could have expressed my thoughts on the matter in a more productive manner last night.  So that's my bad.  

I blame the rum 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

Isn't there some obscure rule that you can't sign someone after you 3D them?

Not if they reach free agency. The first year of all contracts are locked, hence his original $17,100.

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

OK. I'm off to kill a Daemon Jackal Prince of Famine tonight. Wish me luck. I'll be back around 11pm to make my pick if I'm OTC.

Is this a Joseph Daniel von Hoffman way of saying you're going out to dinner?

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If we are raising the 3 up costs we should lower the roster limit or reduce the # of 3 ups permitted. You wont be able to afford all 3 anyway.

Before this year it was at 85 percent since we started with the same rosters and amount of three ups allowed