BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

As for it updating slow, which I know it sucks.  Part of that is the design, just a ton of if statements to get the results but if @TedLavie wants to try removing the importrange formula that collects the player database from the master wb.  It's possible that it speeds it up some.

Knowing what we know now, there are some things we can try with the formulas that could potentially speed it up a little too, but I don't dare attempt any of that until this is over.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Just read, "spreadsheet isn't accurate".  Is it because it isn't accounting for the sub 500?...which I forget what that means.

Nah the sub 500 has no bearing on the cap. I'm just saying it wasn't 100% accurate early on (I.E counting invalid bids) It's perfectly fine now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

While I'm here talking about this.  

Would having the player exp / age being listed in the player database sheet be useful?

I think you can simplify this to rookie vs. non rookies. anyone whose gonna get bid on is gonna get googled and their age/team/exp will be right there. 

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

What happened?

According to the spreadsheet, the current bids he has will put him $1837 over the cap. His Adam Humphries bid was $1050 so, according to the spreadsheet, his Derek Carr bid put him over.

Just now, Whicker said:

According to the spreadsheet, the current bids he has will put him $1837 over the cap. His Adam Humphries bid was $1050 so, according to the spreadsheet, his Derek Carr bid put him over.

As long as the spreadsheet hasn't updated and you're right, I believe whatever bid put him over the cap would be invalid.