BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

12 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Actually per rule Doug Baldwin shouldn't be on Singap roster I believe. Why is he still there?

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@SirA1 you got an answer for this you cheating son of a *****!?...lol.

It's fine, after the trade is Accepted and Approved by all. I will through one hell of a retirement party for him.. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Actually per rule Doug Baldwin shouldn't be on Singap roster I believe. Why is he still there?

I've already tried to get him retired but was denied by the contract committee. I was told until he files official paperwork he's not retired and was pointed to the Kam Chancellor situation. the difference being the Seahawks kept Chancellor on the roster while Baldwin has been released.

He's not coming back but in order to get his injury settlement money to cover his recent medical stuff he can't file paperwork.

So it's a catch 22.

I would love to be able to get him off the books but it would require the committee to approve it.

@Jlash @MD4L @bcb1213 @pheltzbahr 

Otherwise I'll take the offer to move him but be extremely miffed if he's allowed to be released later and nothing changes.

Edited by SirA1

14 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I've already tried to get him retired but was denied by the contract committee. I was told until he files official paperwork he's not retired and was pointed to the Kam Chancellor situation. the difference being the Seahawks kept Chancellor on the roster while Baldwin has been released.

He's not coming back but in order to get his injury settlement money to cover his recent medical stuff he can't file paperwork.

So it's a catch 22.

I would love to be able to get him off the books but it would require the committee to approve it.

@Jlash @MD4L @bcb1213 @pheltzbahr 

Otherwise I'll take the offer to move him but be extremely miffed if he's allowed to be released later and nothing changes.

Damn, crappy situation

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It is a junk situation but it, in theory, would require a circumstantial application of rule and that's just one giant can of worms not worth opening.

It's unique but we've done stuff like this in the past for extreme circumstances when guys got to Jail, are killed etc. 

Before it was because the only evidence for Baldwin was a cryptic tweet. Now he's responded to the Andrew Luck retirement and said he's done with football too.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1819823/doug-baldwin-has-no-regrets-about-retirement-im-done-with-football

That's pretty damning new evidence not really opening a can of anything IMO.

Edited by SirA1

21 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

My stance sadly hasn't changed. Poopy situation 

So basically because of the way Seattle structured his contract and the injury settlements it prevents him from filing paperwork. 

However the guy says he's never playing again and it's not good enough? Cliff Avril was in a similar situation and once he went into radio later that year we allowed him to be retired even though he hadn't filed paperwork either.

We've also let guys that went to Canada be retired/removed as well before.

24 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

So basically because of the way Seattle structured his contract and the injury settlements it prevents him from filing paperwork. 

However the guy says he's never playing again and it's not good enough? Cliff Avril was in a similar situation and once he went into radio later that year we allowed him to be retired even though he hadn't filed paperwork either.

Agreed it sux but if we do this, then we pretty much have to let the telvin Smith retirement happen to or anyone else who wants to take a year off which I feel may become more prevalent in the near future 

18 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Guys, to make it more interesting in the mock. I wont through a retirement party for Baldwin until Jan 1st, even if he signs his paperwork tomorrow.. All signs are pointing that he wont be returning but who knows he may have a change of heart if the right team comes calling..

42 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

It's unique but we've done stuff like this in the past for extreme circumstances when guys got to Jail, are killed etc. 

Before it was because the only evidence for Baldwin was a cryptic tweet. Now he's responded to the Andrew Luck retirement and said he's done with football too.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1819823/doug-baldwin-has-no-regrets-about-retirement-im-done-with-football

That's pretty damning new evidence not really opening a can of anything IMO.

We made Jovan Belcher stick on a roster after he blew his brains out until we changed a rule.

7 minutes ago, BringinDaPain said:

Guys, to make it more interesting in the mock. I wont through a retirement party for Baldwin until Jan 1st, even if he signs his paperwork tomorrow.. All signs are pointing that he wont be returning but who knows he may have a change of heart if the right team comes calling..

Fair enough. I'll accept the deal now.

24 minutes ago, BringinDaPain said:

Well he's a one year fa after that so you'd get a free release anyhow lol