BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

I have a question for the contract guys. Andy Janovich just signed an extension. If I 100% match the irl salary does that boost his salary this season or the next three years? It’s a three year extension. Or do we average out the total contract money over the next four years?

I can look at this for you.  Dont believe anything MD4L, SirA, PR or bcb tell you.  

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

Oh nevermind I guess he is considered locked since he was a RFA signing this past off-season? So I can not extend him in season?

Locked players have to wait.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

I still don't get why we removed the 5 year deals for 1st round picks. 

I think the thought process was that we will follow teams who exercise 5th year options IRL, therefore every player will match their 2nd contracts?  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

I still don't get why we removed the 5 year deals for 1st round picks. 

Because like pheltz' said we ran into contract issues where they didn't match up. Some NFL teams wouldn't pick up the 5th year. But we give the BDL owner the option to pick it up if the NFL team does.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I think not being able to give locked players IRL 100% extensions is pointless and is something I would like to vote on changing 

That's to prevent you from locking up every player and keeping them out of FA. 

Plus locked players generally are either RFAs, players you signed, rookies, waivers etc. meaning you have ways to retain them. 

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

That's to prevent you from locking up every player and keeping them out of FA. 

Plus locked players generally are either RFAs, players you signed, rookies, waivers etc. meaning you have ways to retain them. 

No I don’t have a way to retain him without a 3up based on those rules. He is already a RFA. I don’t see how a bunch of people can lock up free agents and pay them 100 percent of their irl contracts. That’s a flawed fear.

54 minutes ago, Counselor said:

No I don’t have a way to retain him without a 3up based on those rules. He is already a RFA. I don’t see how a bunch of people can lock up free agents and pay them 100 percent of their irl contracts. That’s a flawed fear.

But it dampens the FA pool, you want to keep him? You have a way to retain him.