BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Guys like Joey Hunt, David Long (TEN), DJ Jones, and Nick Kwiatkowski should really be on rosters at this point of the season, just as developmental guys. I'm really surprised to see Bruce Irvin and Jordan Phillips still out there too.

D.J. Jones was my 2nd choice but I needed more offensive umph for the playoffs.

18 hours ago, MD4L said:

What are the playoff standings as it stands?

Play Off - Week 1
Hungary Hippos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg
Rome Eternals @ New Orleans Jazz
Oklahoma City EF5s @ Cuba Smugglers
Camden Hood Rats @ Singapore Sentinels

14 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Play Off - Week 1
Rome Eternals @ New Orleans Jazz
Oklahoma City EF5s @ Cuba Smugglers

How is the Jazz ranked #2 if we own the tie breaker against them?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MD4L said:

How is the Jazz ranked #2 if we own the tie breaker against them?

Someone changed it based off the spreadsheet results. I had the correct games inputted earlier.

It should be

Play Off - Week 1
Rome Eternals @ Cuba Smugglers
Oklahoma City EF5s @ New Orleans Jazz
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

There should be waiver opportunities and rebuilding options for teams out of the playoffs imo

You have 12 weeks to claim players during the season. Before last year all waivers stopped at this point and even playoff teams couldn't make any claims. We voted to allow playoff teams only to add waivers during the playoffs in case of injuries and such.

Allowing non-playoff teams to snipe players from teams that may actually need them makes 0 sense.

Edited by SirA1

6 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

You have 13 weeks to claim players during the season. Before last year all waivers stopped at this point and even playoff teams couldn't make any claims. We voted to allow playoff teams only to add waivers during the playoffs in case of injuries and such.

Allowing non-playoff teams to snipe players from teams that may actually need them makes 0 sense.

Then make the rule that non playoff teams can only claim rookie and second year players. Helps both this way

16 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

There should be waiver opportunities and rebuilding options for teams out of the playoffs imo. Like....its legit pointless for me to pay attention to the league for the next 3 months.

You added 13 players in waiver claims this season with 3 or those coming from IR claims and 2 weeks (6 and 13) not making a claim.

That is legit almost a 5th of a roster.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Then make the rule that non playoff teams can only claim rookie and second year players. Helps both this way

You have an entire season to make claims. Adding 24 additional claims to non-playoff teams will dilute the following years FA/Shark Tank even more than it already is and make the following year's waivers even worse than they were this year.

• Like 1

Just now, SirA1 said:

You added 13 players in waiver claims this season with 3 or those coming from IR claims and 2 weeks (6 and 13) not making a claim.

That is legit almost a 5th of a roster.

You have an entire season to make claims. Adding 24 additional claims to non-playoff teams will dilute the following years FA/Shark Tank even more than it already is and make the following year's waivers even worse than they were this year.

Well if he wants to put it up for vote that is his right 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Well if he wants to put it up for vote that is his right 

Sure. We'll take it up next summer. There has to be a break though. That's the whole reason we voted to reduce the season to 12 games and add the bye because it's a slog. I for one am looking forward to not doing anything BDL related for the month we get off.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Sure. We'll take it up next summer. There has to be a break though. That's the whole reason we voted to reduce the season to 12 games and add the bye because it's a slog. I for one am looking forward to not doing anything BDL related for the month we get off.

Oh yes I agree lol