BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

23 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Why is Tillery so bad. :(

Cause life's not fair.

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

And Danielle Hunter had 4.5 in 26 games. The thing is Chaisson is healthy this season and his game is finally developing. He is an animal chasing down the ball and his pass rush moves are developing. At some point you have to scout beyond the box numbers (not talking about you just in general). Yetur Gross-Matos for example is often lining up as a 5 Tech this also dictates production based on scheme usage and role responsibility. 

Hunter is a pretty rare exception to the rule; nearly every other productive NFL edge rusher was also productive in college. Worth pointing out Hunter had 73 tackles in his final college season, which is nearly as many (80) as Chaisson has in his career. Not saying Chaisson won't be good, just that he can't seem to make an impact on the boxscore despite playing for a defense loaded with talent that is always playing from ahead.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Cause life's not fair.

Hunter is a pretty rare exception to the rule; nearly every other productive NFL edge rusher was also productive in college. Worth pointing out Hunter had 73 tackles in his final college season, which is nearly as many (80) as Chaisson has in his career. Not saying Chaisson won't be good, just that he can't seem to make an impact on the boxscore despite playing for a defense loaded with talent that is always playing from ahead.

I think he needs to come back another year and keep refining his technique but I’ve seen a tremendous growth in him. And he played one game last year so using the career versus season tackle total isn’t quite fair and he missed two games this season. I think durability for me is the bigger concern than the production as I’ve broken down most of the LSU games this year and I know what I’m looking at. So the 4.8 tackles a game he has this season versus the 5.6 tackles a game Hunter had his final season isn’t as big a gap as you made it seem. But it starts with availability and his health is something to red flag.

5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I think he needs to come back another year and keep refining his technique but I’ve seen a tremendous growth in him. And he played one game last year so using the career versus season tackle total isn’t quite fair and he missed two games this season. I think durability for me is the bigger concern than the production as I’ve broken down most of the LSU games this year and I know what I’m looking at. So the 4.8 tackles a game he has this season versus the 5.6 tackles a game Hunter had his final season isn’t as big a gap as you made it seem. But it starts with availability and his health is something to red flag.

Hunter played 26 games and Chaisson has 21 and counting. I think it's very fair to compare the tackle totals.

Honestly, I'm really disappointed Chaisson missed most of 2018. He was a nightmare for Miami in the one game he did play.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Hunter played 26 games and Chaisson has 21 and counting. I think it's very fair to compare the tackle totals.

Honestly, I'm really disappointed Chaisson missed most of 2018. He was a nightmare for Miami in the one game he did play.

By the way Hunter played in more than 26 games my friend. How did he register 12 tackles his freshman year? He played in 12 games his freshman year. So 38 games in his career total.

40 minutes ago, Counselor said:

By the way Hunter played in more than 26 games my friend. How did he register 12 tackles his freshman year? He played in 12 games his freshman year. So 38 games in his career total.

I think he only played special teams that year, as Pro Football Reference doesn't list his number of games played and he doesn't have any other stats. Not really comparable to Chaisson, who was a starter as a true freshman (IIRC).

EDIT: This line from his LSU bio made me laugh, tho:

Has drawn comparisons to former LSU standouts Barkevious Mingo and Arden Key

Yeaaaaah, those aren't the LSU defensive ends you want to be comped to.

Edited by Blue

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

I think he only played special teams that year, as Pro Football Reference doesn't list his number of games played and he doesn't have any other stats. Not really comparable to Chaisson, who was a starter as a true freshman (IIRC).

EDIT: This line from his LSU bio made me laugh, tho:

Yeaaaaah, those aren't the LSU defensive ends you want to be comped to.

Because he is lanky and fast. Watch his tape he is a better run defender. Chaisson only started three games his freshman season. And Hunter played a reserve end role. While most of his play was special teams he did play reserve end as I watched him lol. 

9 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Because he is lanky and fast. Watch his tape he is a better run defender. Chaisson only started three games his freshman season. And Hunter played a reserve end role. While most of his play was special teams he did play reserve end as I watched him lol. 

3 starts is more than none.

I've watched Chaisson plenty over the last three years. Again, I don't dislike him, but his lack of production is a problem.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

3 starts is more than none.

I've watched Chaisson plenty over the last three years. Again, I don't dislike him, but his lack of production is a problem.

I think you should take on a team. Also 14 starts to 23 is a greater margin than 21 to 26 “games played”

11 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I think you should take on a team. Also 14 starts to 23 is a greater margin than 21 to 26 “games played”

Absolutely not, too much time and effort that I just don't have.

Sure, but LSU tends to play their guys in a rotation and I don't have numbers for % of snaps played or anything like we do for pro teams.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue said:

Absolutely not, too much time and effort that I just don't have.

Sure, but LSU tends to play their guys in a rotation and I don't have numbers for % of snaps played or anything like we do for pro teams.

Okay I may come consult with you during draft season though B|