BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Welcome to the Jack Rileys BDL Post- Regular season Award Ceremony

Owner of the Year: @rackcs I am giving this award to @racks this is an individual who did not get to partake in the draft, Free Agency, or Shark Tank due to the poor management decision by the 'league office's to allow dead weight to hang around too long. He turned the team from potentially being a dumpster fire into a near playoff contender.

Worst Owner of the Year: BringinDaPain.. see above.

DPOY: Goes to 2 Players:: FS Minkah Fitzpatrick- Gotham Gashslayers -- an absolute turnover machine

And 

LB TJ Watt - Lancaster Werewolves- he has been on an absolute dominating path this season getting after QBs.

OPOY: QB Lamar Jackson -- You really need an explanation?

League MVP: AB Deshaun Watson - he has earned that elite status.

OROY: RB Josh Jacobs-Gotham Gashslayers - Has been easily the most impressive offensive rookie this season.

DROY: DE Maxx Crosby - Camden Hood Rats - if you're looking for a guy who made the ultimate difference between making or not making the playoffs for a team, look no further than this guy.

Comeback player of the Year award: TE Hunter Henry- Berlin Blitzkrieg- Absolute Monster who often comes in as the Xfactor

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 6:42 PM, SirA1 said:

Play Off - Week 1
Hungary Hippos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg
Rome Eternals @ New Orleans Jazz
Oklahoma City EF5s @ Cuba Smugglers
Camden Hood Rats @ Singapore Sentinels

On 11/30/2019 at 6:57 PM, MD4L said:

How is the Jazz ranked #2 if we own the tie breaker against them?

On 11/30/2019 at 7:02 PM, wwhickok said:

True story. Cuba should be above Jazz

On 11/30/2019 at 7:05 PM, SirA1 said:

Someone changed it based off the spreadsheet results. I had the correct games inputted earlier.

It should be

Play Off - Week 1
Hungary Hippos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg
Rome Eternals @ Cuba Smugglers
Oklahoma City EF5s @ New Orleans Jazz
Camden Hood Rats @ Singapore Sentinels

15 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I like this idea but you should let us vote on it and let us all choose, I think that'd be cool. You could narrow it down to candidates we could choose from or let it be a free for all where we can choose anyone.

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

I like this idea but you should let us vote on it and let us all choose, I think that'd be cool. You could narrow it down to candidates we could choose from or let it be a free for all where we can choose anyone.

That's not representative of the entire league. That is nothing more than a 'media opinion' that's all.  Like an ESPN prediction Segment if you will.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

That's not representative of the entire league. That is nothing more than a 'media opinion' that's all.  Like an ESPN prediction Segment if you will.

I know, I'm saying I think it would be cool if we all voted on categories like that so it would be representative.

Just now, bcb1213 said:

Yea.  Not shocked he took two steelers as dpoy

Also hunter Henry is about 6th on my comeback player list 

To be fair, they're both absolutely deserving DPOY candidates irl

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Yea.  Not shocked he took two steelers as dpoy

Also hunter Henry is about 6th on my comeback player list 

Cooper Kupp is probably actually my top guy. 

As for DPOY, couldve gone Josh Allen or Bosa, but I didnt because right now the 2 guys I listed are better than both of them statistically and If you really think it has anything to do with them playing for my favorite team, you don't know me very well.