BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

Sure. We'll take it up next summer. There has to be a break though. That's the whole reason we voted to reduce the season to 12 games and add the bye because it's a slog. I for one am looking forward to not doing anything BDL related for the month we get off.

There has to be a break AVAILABLE to those who want one but doesnt mean it has to be forced upon everyone. I AM putting it up for vote. If it doesnt pass that's okay. But I feel I made a quality worded and fair proposal via pm.

Edited by wwhickok

Also, you say a 5th of my roster is from waiver claims. I'd say no more than 20% of those were guys claimed to take over for starters that went to IR, specifically at Safety. What you're missing is the OTHER guys I claimed. The other 80% are guys that, for the most part, will be ERFA's this offseason and that there is 0 reason not to keep. So that's about 15% give or take of my roster space that I need to fill, filled at extremely minimal cost. 

21 minutes ago, PR said:

Fantasy playoff question  DJ Moore or Adam Thelen?

Moore. BDL and IRL stud. 

But in all seriousness, he's got a great playoff run featuring the Falcons & Hawks. Thielen's a question mark health wise.

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

Oh mine wasn’t good enough 

Did you finish the second round? You stopped right before my pick :(

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

I don’t care how well my future looks at INT I think I am going to take Derrick a Brown at 4 if he is there. 

Dude is a straight beast. 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Also, you say a 5th of my roster is from waiver claims. I'd say no more than 20% of those were guys claimed to take over for starters that went to IR, specifically at Safety. What you're missing is the OTHER guys I claimed. The other 80% are guys that, for the most part, will be ERFA's this offseason and that there is 0 reason not to keep. So that's about 15% give or take of my roster space that I need to fill, filled at extremely minimal cost. 

I will just speak from experience and greatly encourage you to wait as long as possible to tender ERFA's. You literally can wait until right before FA in June. I know that will fall on deaf ears but once done you can't take it back until next season. FA and the Draft can greatly effect a player's roster spot.

I used to do exactly what you are talking about doing and all it leads to is short cap and roster space at the end of the season when you need it.

I kept a modest 5 guys this past year. Who all had chances to win jobs but none even contributed this season and I will likely end up Sub $500 cutting 4 of them next year.

Just now, rackcs said:

Nice, thanks man. Definitely don't need a C though when I've got Ragnow and Nick Martin as backup. That's two young good centers.

Oh is Ragnow listed at G in the sheer? What positions do you need? That was one pick I was kind of up in the air on

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Oh is Ragnow listed at G in the sheer? What positions do you need? That was one pick I was kind of up in the air on

Yeah, he's listed as a G but he plays C irl and that's where I've had him all season. Honestly theres a number of guys I'd take there. The next three guys taken (Delpit, Chaisson, Moses), Kenneth Murray, Julian Okwara. All guys I like at positions I'd likely target. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Yeah, he's listed as a G but he plays C irl and that's where I've had him all season. Honestly theres a number of guys I'd take there. The next three guys taken (Delpit, Chaisson, Moses), Kenneth Murray, Julian Okwara. All guys I like at positions I'd likely target. 

Yeah I know I just must have overlooked him because of the G listing 

36 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Do these guys give you special favors under the table to hype them?

Just a bit of fun my dude. I wish other people hyped their players up as well because part of the fun in this is watching guys you own go out and succeed. 

• Like 1