BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

9 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Yeah, he's listed as a G but he plays C irl and that's where I've had him all season. Honestly theres a number of guys I'd take there. The next three guys taken (Delpit, Chaisson, Moses), Kenneth Murray, Julian Okwara. All guys I like at positions I'd likely target. 

Gave you Chaisson I feel he will rise quite a bit. Perfect because it lets Gotham land Creed and he really needs a C

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

Moore. BDL and IRL stud. 

But in all seriousness, he's got a great playoff run featuring the Falcons & Hawks. Thielen's a question mark health wise.

Thielen has practiced all this week. 

Moore plays a vastly improved Redskins secondary while Thielen plays Seattle that was absolutely abised against 49ers a couple weeks ago. That's why Im questioning

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

I will just speak from experience and greatly encourage you to wait as long as possible to tender ERFA's. You literally can wait until right before FA in June. I know that will fall on deaf ears but once done you can't take it back until next season. FA and the Draft can greatly effect a player's roster spot.

I used to do exactly what you are talking about doing and all it leads to is short cap and roster space at the end of the season when you need it.

I kept a modest 5 guys this past year. Who all had chances to win jobs but none even contributed this season and I will likely end up Sub $500 cutting 4 of them next year.

I actually completely agree with everything you said. That's the approach I plan to take. I grabbed guys I think have a chance but what those teams do in the draft will tell me a lot more. TC will be even more telling. I plan to be patient about it for sure.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I actually completely agree with everything you said. That's the approach I plan to take. I grabbed guys I think have a chance but what those teams do in the draft will tell me a lot more. TC will be even more telling. I plan to be patient about it for sure.

Take a look at someone like Whicker. He’s been here for five years strong and things kind of unraveled for real life circumstance. This league does take a toll on all whom are involved so enjoy the lapses of breaks we get.

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

Just a bit of fun my dude. I wish other people hyped their players up as well because part of the fun in this is watching guys you own go out and succeed. 

The BDLPA is gonna have a PR meeting with you later in the week. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Playoffs have started, correct? 

Nothing for us to do this week/going forward? 

Nope, voting is next week though and you're more than welcome to stick around as full time owners. (if you weren't already don't remember that exact detail)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Counselor said:

Gave you Chaisson I feel he will rise quite a bit. Perfect because it lets Gotham land Creed and he really needs a C

Chaisson is a dude who looks really good live, but then you realize he has 6.5 career sacks in 21 games. At some point, athleticism has to translate to production.

49 minutes ago, Blue said:

Chaisson is a dude who looks really good live, but then you realize he has 6.5 career sacks in 21 games. At some point, athleticism has to translate to production.

And Danielle Hunter had 4.5 in 26 games. The thing is Chaisson is healthy this season and his game is finally developing. He is an animal chasing down the ball and his pass rush moves are developing. At some point you have to scout beyond the box numbers (not talking about you just in general). Yetur Gross-Matos for example is often lining up as a 5 Tech this also dictates production based on scheme usage and role responsibility. 

• Like 1