Thursday Night Preseason Games

TheVillain112

8 hours ago, bananabucket said:

I understand the thought process but I sure don't see Henne giving them a better chance to win.

Eh, watching Bortles sling it around with zero confidence this preseason makes me think otherwise. I think most options are better than what we saw last year with Blake as well minus the final two weeks.

Neither are the future here at this point, I'd rather not take the chance of him getting hurt and having to give him $19M next year due to the 5th yr player option.

5 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Is Bortles still going to play tonight or is he not playing at all?

Word is he may play with the 1's a bit too. Who knows for sure.

With that 19M option if he isn't the guy IDK why you take the chance of playing him with the injury risk. Feel like you may as well let him go at this point.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Word is he may play with the 1's a bit too. Who knows for sure.

With that 19M option if he isn't the guy IDK why you take the chance of playing him with the injury risk. Feel like you may as well let him go at this point.

I agree with you.  Unless someone is willing to trade for him, just cut him.  Or at the very least don't play him...

Just now, TheVillain112 said:

I agree with you.  Unless someone is willing to trade for him, just cut him.  Or at the very least don't play him...

Yeah, I'd rather just cut him. No one is trading for a guy with that option over his head, imo. If there is no way he steps onto the field (getting outplayed in TC/Preseason by Chad Henne likely points to there being no reason to do so), why even keep him as a backup? Don't risk it and either sign Kaep to take over as the starter or keep Brandon Allen who at least may have some upside behind Henne if he struggles and see what he can do come midseason if we aren't winning games with Henne. 

Archived