Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post this in the thread or not but I think it's a bit too amusing not to share.

Who should @Adrenaline_Flux really thank for his Taco Bowl victory?

The answer is @El ramster.

On the eve of the Division Round playoffs, I was simming the games early (had a lot of meetings in the afternoon and was hoping I wouldn't get any last-minute changes) when I received a message from El ramster just before I was about to sim his game with his updated coaching strategy. "Good timing", I thought, as I input them right before the game was simmed. Egypt won this game by 10 points or so. But then, right as I was about to copy over the Game Doc to the folder I keep them, I got another message from Rammy:

Welp - I thought, I guess I have to re-sim the game. The result was the 27-21 Iowa victory that went down in the record books.

But if Rammy hadn't sent this message, we'd have a different champion right now (Tacoma, Egypt, or Scranton); someone would've received their 2nd ring. I don't post this to disparage Rammy or anything, but for 30 minutes, Flux wasn't getting past the first round of the playoffs. And the only reason he did survive was because of something completely out of his hands.

I had a good feeling about that too lol. Just went big sean and stuck to my guns. I knew it had worked but meh it is what it is. I just made a bag of money. My belly is full.

GOT is on.. The draft is tomorrow.. Life is wonderful.. Thanks for that doe nacho lol. I was legit curious. But you should have said, Listen son the games have been simmed. 

I would have said! Ok mohammed. And i would have been king.. Glad my settings worked doe now i know for the future.. The future, I seem to be catching myself saying that word a lot.

7 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I had a good feeling about that too lol. Just went big sean and stuck to my guns. I knew it had worked but meh it is what it is. I just made a bag of money. My belly is full.

GOT is on.. The draft is tomorrow.. Life is wonderful.. Thanks for that doe nacho lol. I was legit curious. But you should have said, Listen son the games have been simmed. 

I would have said! Ok mohammed. And i would have been king.. Glad my settings worked doe now i know for the future.. The future, I seem to be catching myself saying that word a lot.

My policy has always been that if I sim games early, I still respect the deadline, and resim the games of people who get them in just before the deadline. After all, would be rather unfair for someone to input sliders before the deadline and have to take a L because the games were already played. And I can't create an advantage for someone inputting sliders just before the deadline if they happened to win the original game, either.

In short, any sliders you send me before the deadline will be honored. Whether or not that's a good thing for you. :P

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

My policy has always been that if I sim games early, I still respect the deadline, and resim the games of people who get them in just before the deadline. After all, would be rather unfair for someone to input sliders before the deadline and have to take a L because the games were already played. And I can't create an advantage for someone inputting sliders just before the deadline if they happened to win the original game, either.

In short, any sliders you send me before the deadline will be honored. Whether or not that's a good thing for you. :P

ILL TELL YOU ONE THING BROTHER.. THIS SEASON WE HAD A FAKE CHAMP BROTHER FOREVER AN ASTERISK IN THE BOWL GAME BROTHER.

5 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post this in the thread or not but I think it's a bit too amusing not to share.

Who should @Adrenaline_Flux really thank for his Taco Bowl victory?

The answer is @El ramster.

On the eve of the Division Round playoffs, I was simming the games early (had a lot of meetings in the afternoon and was hoping I wouldn't get any last-minute changes) when I received a message from El ramster just before I was about to sim his game with his updated coaching strategy. "Good timing", I thought, as I input them right before the game was simmed. Egypt won this game by 10 points or so. But then, right as I was about to copy over the Game Doc to the folder I keep them, I got another message from Rammy:

Welp - I thought, I guess I have to re-sim the game. The result was the 27-21 Iowa victory that went down in the record books.

But if Rammy hadn't sent this message, we'd have a different champion right now (Tacoma, Egypt, or Scranton); someone would've received their 2nd ring. I don't post this to disparage Rammy or anything, but for 30 minutes, Flux wasn't getting past the first round of the playoffs. And the only reason he did survive was because of something completely out of his hands.

This on top of giving him Reek for basically free.

oof. 

32 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Dlaw is for sale. Looking for picks and picks on top of picks. 

Pirates offer:

S18 9th, 10th, 14th, 15th

S19 10th, 14th, 15th

Starfalls offer:

DE Damarcus Lawrence 

Pirates accept. Challenging to give up picks and picks on top of picks, but we will make that sacrifice. 

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Pirates offer:

S18 9th, 10th, 14th, 15th

S19 10th, 14th, 15th

Starfalls offer:

DE Damarcus Lawrence 

Pirates accept. Challenging to give up picks and picks on top of picks, but we will make that sacrifice. 

That dere Gmen solid offer brother. I'll have to decline brother. 

Archived