Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post this in the thread or not but I think it's a bit too amusing not to share.

Who should @Adrenaline_Flux really thank for his Taco Bowl victory?

The answer is @El ramster.

On the eve of the Division Round playoffs, I was simming the games early (had a lot of meetings in the afternoon and was hoping I wouldn't get any last-minute changes) when I received a message from El ramster just before I was about to sim his game with his updated coaching strategy. "Good timing", I thought, as I input them right before the game was simmed. Egypt won this game by 10 points or so. But then, right as I was about to copy over the Game Doc to the folder I keep them, I got another message from Rammy:

On 4/17/2019 at 10:58 AM, El ramster said:

Actually nacho just leave me the same. Just lower my Defensive Aggression to 60.

Welp - I thought, I guess I have to re-sim the game. The result was the 27-21 Iowa victory that went down in the record books.

But if Rammy hadn't sent this message, we'd have a different champion right now (Tacoma, Egypt, or Scranton); someone would've received their 2nd ring. I don't post this to disparage Rammy or anything, but for 30 minutes, Flux wasn't getting past the first round of the playoffs. And the only reason he did survive was because of something completely out of his hands.

Archived