Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

15 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I got another player I really wanted at that pick too, but he might make it two my 2nd pick in the 1st. But having a sexy pair of Tackles like Armstead and Lane "the juice" Johnson made me too hot and bothered to pass up. 

Be prepared for Terron to post 12 pancakes 8 sacks allowed and 10 TFL 

SAINTS NATION STAND THE HELL UP! 

HARPER DO YOU HEAR ME BROTHER! 

9 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Not a fan of taking offensive lineman in the first round tbh

I’m torn 

I generally try to derive offense from skill positions primarily, and treat the line as simply a modifier

Then again I took an ILB first overall, so I have no room to talk regarding positional value in the first

9 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I’m torn 

I generally try to derive offense from skill positions primarily, and treat the line as simply a modifier

Then again I took an ILB first overall, so I have no room to talk regarding positional value in the first

That was a good pick tho

30 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Not a fan of taking offensive lineman in the first round tbh

I'm obviously newer at this so I guess I'll find out if it is a good strategy or not. I'm kind of looking at it through how I view actual team building which might not be the best way to go, but hey, I'll learn.

But I spent a lot of my keeper tags keeping weapons, so most of my premier offensive skill positions are pretty locked up. A couple of my games were really wrecked by my offensive line play last season. I gave up tons of sacks and my running game was pretty non existent through stretches. I found myself really scrambling at Oline last season. Hard to pass on a 27 year old all-pro in round 1 at least to me. Again, very well might be proven wrong though. 

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm obviously newer at this so I guess I'll find out if it is a good strategy or not. I'm kind of looking at it through how I view actual team building which might not be the best way to go, but hey, I'll learn.

But I spent a lot of my keeper tags keeping weapons, so most of my premier offensive skill positions are pretty locked up. A couple of my games were really wrecked by my offensive line play last season. I gave up tons of sacks and my running game was pretty non existent through stretches. I found myself really scrambling at Oline last season. Hard to pass on a 27 year old all-pro in round 1 at least to me. Again, very well might be proven wrong though. 

Your division is stacked with pass rushers. Makes sense to try to counter that with elite bookends.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It’s a fine pick

He was on my short list

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It's a very fine pick.. But go back and look at his history.. Harper would redraft him, draft him/keep him.. yet his production was always the same.

Archived