Jaguars shopping Allen Hurns?

pwny

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Kessler ain't bad. 

That team is operating way too intelligently to let Kessler go before knowing that Kizer is actually going to work out. They have a treasure trove of picks, and that’s likely what they’re looking to move. And our staff isn’t exactly in a place that they’re going to trade away an on-team asset for picks, when they may not even be around for the picks. Jarvis Landry makes a good deal more sense for them (and the Dolphins)

9 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

Kessler regressed this off-season from the reports out of camp and preseason.

Osweiler and picks are the only real assets we have to trade minus maybe a defensive lineman

Sorry dude but Osweiler aint an asset. Id rather Kessler easily.

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Shame they don't have a decent QB to trade for that they actually would deal

I think the idea of getting a quality starting QB for a mediocre WR with too big of a contract is pretty optimistic thinking.  xD

I'd be okay with just quality futures, or a decent OLine piece if that were on the table.  But like @iPwn said, i can't imagine this front office moving a roster asset for picks they probably won't even be here to make.  Unless Coughlin or someone stepped in to override the whole thing and basically reinforce how much of a dead man walking Caldwell is.

The Bears seem like a good option for him having just lost Meredith.  Someone who can stretch the field. 

The Browns need WR help, but I wonder if they would view Hurns are supplementary to Coleman instead of complementary. 

The Pats seem unlikely.  They already have two deep threat receivers in Cooks and Hogan.  Allen Hurns is the last person you would want to replace Julian Edelman. 

3 minutes ago, Crickett said:

The Bears seem like a good option for him having just lost Meredith.  Someone who can stretch the field. 

The Browns need WR help, but I wonder if they would view Hurns are supplementary to Coleman instead of complementary. 

The Pats seem unlikely.  They already have two deep threat receivers in Cooks and Hogan.  Allen Hurns is the last person you would want to replace Julian Edelman. 

hurns is better suited inside and over the middle of the field he has deep skills but better short and intermediate 

1 minute ago, Its A Sabotage said:

hurns is better suited inside and over the middle of the field he has deep skills but better short and intermediate 

Hurph.  That surprises me.  This may be a trick of memory, but every time I remember Hurns, it was down the field. 

2 hours ago, Crickett said:

Hurph.  That surprises me.  This may be a trick of memory, but every time I remember Hurns, it was down the field. 

He’s a really shifty, refined route runner. He gets open deep using his lateral quickness to displace himself from receivers when the ball is in the air and body control to manipulate defenders, but he works underneath and intermediate routes well too and is shifty enough to get good YAC on those routes. He works better on deep routes than an Edelman or Welker due to his height, but he’s not a prototypical deep threat guy. He’s a guy you can plug into most any role and his physical traits will work to get him open. His issue is inconsistent hands and nagging lower body injuries that can impact his ability to get separation, as he relies on quick twitch muscles and stuff to build separation rather than straight speed.

He’s not a guy that’s going to get 100 catches for 1,000 yards, but he can be a guy who can get you 1,100 and a 15ypc if you use him at all three levels in the offense.

6 minutes ago, iPwn said:

He’s a really shifty, refined route runner. He gets open deep using his lateral quickness to displace himself from receivers when the ball is in the air and body control to manipulate defenders, but he works underneath and intermediate routes well too and is shifty enough to get good YAC on those routes. He works better on deep routes than an Edelman or Welker due to his height, but he’s not a prototypical deep threat guy. He’s a guy you can plug into most any role and his physical traits will work to get him open. His issue is inconsistent hands and nagging lower body injuries that can impact his ability to get separation, as he relies on quick twitch muscles and stuff to build separation rather than straight speed.

He’s not a guy that’s going to get 100 catches for 1,000 yards, but he can be a guy who can get you 1,100 and a 15ypc if you use him at all three levels in the offense.

Well, I would think the Patriots would be looking more for that 100 catches for 1,000 yards kinda guy, but it sounds like Hurns would be very complementary to Corey Coleman on the Browns.  Although having three receivers with questionable hands might not be the best idea and if the Browns try to pawn off Kenny Britt to the Jaguars, understand the Jaguars are being fleeced, even if there is a day 3 draft pick involved. 

Archived