Around The League V.2

Totty

49 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Stafford getting traded would be crazy.

Chargers getting him would shake up the draft. 

How about Carr and one of our 1st round picks.

Or go to Miami, they cut Fitzpatrick, and we sign Fitz to battle it out with Carr.  There is hope for my season yet.

Edited by drfrey13

Stafford is a solid Top 10-11 QB imo. But he’s not a good fit for a WCO...

Lions would be smart to trade him though. Pick Tua at 3rd, who in my opinion will be better than Stafford, and Derrick Brown at 6 via Chargers? What amazing value. Chargers would also get a Top 10 QB with a win-now roster. Win-win for both teams. 

I think Stafford is the most underrated QB. He’s great but has had the misfortune of playing in Detroit. Honestly if the Raiders traded for him i wouldn’t even be mad he’s an upgrade and he’s young enough to stick around awhile. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I've always love Stafford. I think he can play in any offense. 

Agreed.

hes got a strong arm so a lot of people think he needs to be in a vertical passing game. This isn’t entirely true because he’s seen success in short passing offenses as well. Honestly he just produces offense even without a #1 WR as evidenced by his post CJ Career. Put him on this team and I think they compete easily with KC. 

His only knock however is his health. He’s missed quite a bit of time over the years. 

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Agreed.

hes got a strong arm so a lot of people think he needs to be in a vertical passing game. This isn’t entirely true because he’s seen success in short passing offenses as well. Honestly he just produces offense even without a #1 WR as evidenced by his post CJ Career. Put him on this team and I think they compete easily with KC. 

His only knock however is his health. He’s missed quite a bit of time over the years. 

Looks like it was a false rumor. GM shot it down. Shame, because I agree. I think Stafford protected well could really do great things with Gruden.

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Agreed.

Your last sentence isn’t really true. He missed half of this past season but started all 16 games for eight years in a row before that. He’s one of the most durable guys in the league. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Looks like it was a false rumor. GM shot it down. Shame, because I agree. I think Stafford protected well could really do great things with Gruden.

Just because the GM says it is false does not make it false.  HE was probably getting a feel for Stafford's value and someone leaked it as they are trying to trade him.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Just because the GM says it is false does not make it false.  HE was probably getting a feel for Stafford's value and someone leaked it as they are trying to trade him.

I think the fact that they’d have to pay him $30 million while he plays for another team makes it false. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Your last sentence isn’t really true. He missed half of this past season but started all 16 games for eight years in a row before that. He’s one of the most durable guys in the league. 

I’m sorry i must have been thinking about someone else. He’s been very good for them and would be far and away the best player on this market. 

12 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I think the fact that they’d have to pay him $30 million while he plays for another team makes it false. 

That would be a bitter pill to swallow but it is only dead cap.  I believe all the real money has already been paid.  Cap would take a huge hit next year but if you are going with a rookie QB (Tua) and you believe he is better it is a $15-17 million increase in cap for 1 year.  2021 the cap number would drastically fall from $33 to around $7.  Real cash is increased by the rookie contract.