Around The League V.2

Totty

5 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Can we talk about Jets vs Chiefs? I have not seen a game that lopsided among the refs in years. Jets received many calls that were not penalties, or usually no-calls. While the Chiefs held, a blatant hold, basically every few plays and didn’t get called. Crazy. 

Taylor Swift is the most popular artist in the world and bringing millions of fans to the sport (literally). NFL couldn’t risk Zach Wilson of all people, beating Travis Kelce, on primetime in front of the world. 

Before anyone says “you’re stupid games aren’t rigged”. When people think of rigged, they think the refs are in on it, and players are in on it. Neither is true. All the NFL has to do is tell the refs “Hey, lighten up on the Chiefs a bit, we don’t think those are clear holds” and also “Make sure you put emphasis on the Jets holding, they are getting away with a lot!”. It’s really that simple. It only takes a few bad penalties to change an outcome. 

Which means refs are in on it. Look I'm not saying they do it all the time but as you said a bad call here and there can totally change momentum of a game. With that being said as a gambler I've been watching line movements for years and I can recognize a fixed play. I won't say how and I'm not saying it's always 100% but 2 weeks ago Pittsburgh and Houstan pulled off huge 8 point upsets easy money. This past week I identified Carolina over Minnesota I won the 1st half but MIN made the comeback to cover full game spread. Anyway long story short watching those games the refs sure looked suspect in my favor obviously.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Which means refs are in on it. Look I'm not saying they do it all the time but as you said a bad call here and there can totally change momentum of a game. With that being said as a gambler I've been watching line movements for years and I can recognize a fixed play. I won't say how and I'm not saying it's always 100% but 2 weeks ago Pittsburgh and Houstan pulled off huge 8 point upsets easy money. This past week I identified Carolina over Minnesota I won the 1st half but MIN made the comeback to cover full game spread. Anyway long story short watching those games the refs sure looked suspect in my favor obviously.

Late line movement to the opposite side of the money is always a red flag

• Like 3

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is spot on with my thought process aside from Nix who is QB 3 or 4 with McCarthy depending on the day. Oregon fan too and I've seen enough from him to trust what I'm seeing will translate.

I think with Nix, some discount him because of his time at Auburn. But that program has fallen off and he turned it around in a big way. 

Bo Nix is old af though, IIRC, he was in the same recruiting class as TLaw and Fields who are currently in their third NFL seasons while Nix is still in college, lol.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Bo Nix is old af though, IIRC, he was in the same recruiting class as TLaw and Fields who are currently in their third NFL seasons while Nix is still in college, lol.

He runs a gimmick offense, he’ll never work out in the NFL

54 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He runs a gimmick offense, he’ll never work out in the NFL

Oregon? Have you not watched them play since Chip Kelly left? Stein's offense is a pro-style base with spread concepts and RPOs. Basically every offense we're seeing in college right now. There is nothing gimmicky about it. They like to run the ball and be physical upfront. Take their shots when they can. 

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Oregon? Have you not watched them play since Chip Kelly left? Stein's offense is a pro-style base with spread concepts and RPOs. Basically every offense we're seeing in college right now. There is nothing gimmicky about it. They like to run the ball and be physical upfront. Take their shots when they can. 

Yes, majority of the time he throws the ball 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. 
it’s a short yardage offense the WRs make him look good with YAC yards.

26 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

F7oswFBWsAARhE9?format=png&name=900x900

This circle of ineptness that was created in New England really is something.

Patriots lose their OC to the Raiders who cuts their QB who goes to the Saints and everybody looses.

Saints have played 4 bad defenses and still no 20+….

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yup. He may have just had the best game for a rookie CB ever.

Yeh, couple sacks, pick 6, couple TfL’s and his coverage wasn’t bad either 😁

Shame about Gonzalez as he was looking good too. 

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Devon Witherspoon looking like a future star, quite a few of us loved him in the draft process.

Yup I was on him from the beginning. People throw the word dawg around but one of the things I said is he plays like he belongs his confidence is on another level. He was my number 1 CB over Gonzalez who I liked alot too.

• Like 1