Around The League V.2

Totty

57 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

still yet to see anyone blame their D. 

ive seen people say it wasnt their best gme against Jax, is that blaming them? Do you disagree? 
Think giving up 24 to Jax was their best? 

How long do you expect a defense to hold guys esp when your offense isn’t scoring or maintaining drives. If the offense plays better jax doesn’t even get to 24 imo. Defense gave carr unlimited opportunities esp in the 1st qtr. look at 3rd downs % with carr. Dam so glad he’s gone y’all see the last 4-5 min of the game and forget the 80% of the game. 

• Like 2

On 3/6/2023 at 11:08 PM, Jeremy408 said:

He doesn't have to win shoot outs anymore and carry the football team and dysfunctional franchise that constantly is changing coaches coordinators and plans every 2 to 3 years. That matters. But again the most exciting part about this off-season we actually get to find out

On 3/6/2023 at 11:14 PM, Jeremy408 said:

didn't say they were the greatest organization but they're up there. I don't think they did their evaluation on one game because if they did they wouldn't have won his Carr because he didn't score any points in that one. Probably figured that the game plan against them was stupid and then he could probably play better in say a system that made more sense.

On 3/6/2023 at 11:13 PM, Jeremy408 said:

Right. A nice change of scenery especially from the dysfunctional Raiders. Better than them in all aspects

Just like Manning did with the Broncos and Brady did with the Bucs. Looked for teams and divisions where they could be the best. Another common denominator is they went places that had defenses

On 3/6/2023 at 11:57 PM, Jeremy408 said:

The whole argument was that carr was the problem here. I think now the narrative is changing because it's looking like he's gonna prove the opposite of that. Now we have to create a different standard so it takes away the fact that maybe we were wrong. 

Carrdashian with the god awful take lmfao

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

How long do you expect a defense to hold guys esp when your offense isn’t scoring or maintaining drives. If the offense plays better jax doesn’t even get to 24 imo. Defense gave carr unlimited opportunities esp in the 1st qtr. look at 3rd downs % with carr. Dam so glad he’s gone y’all see the last 4-5 min of the game and forget the 80% of the game. 

Yeah no doubt NO had some unreal starting positions early, no argument there. 
First series of game, Jax drove 75 yards of the field for a TD. . . we agree, not the Os fault right? (5 min off)

Saints then drove to the 30 or so, missed a FG , so Jax starts at their 40, no TD so yes Os fault. (4 min off)
Throw a pass 20 yards, and saints D force a fumble. BIG STOP by the D. 

Saints get the ball around their 40 and go 3 and out. Punt and recover a fumble. 
Does Saints D get props for this? I say, no, but the constant Saints D gave unlimated opportunites comment makes me think yes to you?
From starting at the 20, saints O completely messes up, and settles for 3. 

Next drive, Jax TD from their 25.

So no their D did not give them unlimited opportunties in the 1st. They forced 1 fumble, which is great. but 2/3 were TD drives. 
That is not great, by any means. The fumble was huge.

Why does saints D, get credit for the ST fumble?

It seems like you remember a few 3 and outs here and there, and forget 80% of the game. 
Cause saints D gave up 2 75 yard TD drives on their first 3 chances. . . They had ample rest time, so cant blame the O, but yes they did force a turnover, so I still said they played alright, just not their best game. 

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I truly wish the Raiders didn't perpetually suck at football so we have to argue over mid QBs. 

lol fair enough. Im not even arguing about Carr at this point, just with NCOUGH and his love for calling any thing a D does amazing. 

The first 3 drives they allowed 170 yards and 14 points. With the O and ST giving them ample time to rest. 

I said, the pick 6 lost the game, but their D didnt have their best game, and am told I only watch the last 5 mins. 
3 drives for 170 yards is bad, 14 points on 3 drives is bad. 

I said they had a good game, but not their best, because i take everything into account, not just a stretch here or there. 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Yeah no doubt NO had some unreal starting positions early, no argument there. 
First series of game, Jax drove 75 yards of the field for a TD. . . we agree, not the Os fault right? (5 min off)

Saints then drove to the 30 or so, missed a FG , so Jax starts at their 40, no TD so yes Os fault. (4 min off)
Throw a pass 20 yards, and saints D force a fumble. BIG STOP by the D. 

Saints get the ball around their 40 and go 3 and out. Punt and recover a fumble. 
Does Saints D get props for this? I say, no, but the constant Saints D gave unlimated opportunites comment makes me think yes to you?
From starting at the 20, saints O completely messes up, and settles for 3. 

Next drive, Jax TD from their 25.

So no their D did not give them unlimited opportunties in the 1st. They forced 1 fumble, which is great. but 2/3 were TD drives. 
That is not great, by any means. The fumble was huge.

Why does saints D, get credit for the ST fumble?

It seems like you remember a few 3 and outs here and there, and forget 80% of the game. 
Cause saints D gave up 2 75 yard TD drives on their first 3 chances. . . They had ample rest time, so cant blame the O, but yes they did force a turnover, so I still said they played alright, just not their best game. 

Bruh you did all that for nothing cause I’m not gonna argue about anything carr related lol cause I don’t have to cause….wait for it…. he’s not our problem anymore.

Have fun tho.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

bro bro you were so hype on Carr and the Saints all off-season. Be a man and admit you were wrong, I was right.

I simply said we finally get to see. And that it was the right decision for Carr to a better organization which Peyton, Manning, and Tom Brady did so he can't be labeled a wuss for doing so(which is probably been taken out of context 100 times now)

As for who's "right", i'm all about full trajectory of the season. Let's see what the office looks like at the end of the season before we start making claims. As for my actual personal thoughts(so that were on the same page and that there's nothing open to interpretation) I think it's only a matter of time before their offense starts to click. They'll be a playoff team when it's all set and done

but that doesn't mean that he's the next Tom Brady or Peyton Manning I never said any of that lol. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Bruh you did all that for nothing cause I’m not gonna argue about anything carr related lol cause I don’t have to cause….wait for it…. he’s not our problem anymore.

Have fun tho.

Nothing to do with Carr my man. Bout you giving props to the D for a STs punt recover.

Regardless, enjoy. Would love to have NOs D one day. 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Nothing to do with Carr my man. Bout you giving props to the D for a STs punt recover.

Regardless, enjoy. Would love to have NOs D one day. 

We don’t have to argue anymore dude lol it’s ok I know it’s kinda slow right now but I’m sure we’ll find something else to argue about soon enough playa 🍻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I simply said we finally get to see. And that it was the right decision for Carr to a better organization which Peyton, Manning, and Tom Brady did so he can't be labeled a wuss for doing so(which is probably been taken out of context 100 times now)

As for who's "right", i'm all about full trajectory of the season. Let's see what the office looks like at the end of the season before we start making claims. As for my actual personal thoughts(so that were on the same page and that there's nothing open to interpretation) I think it's only a matter of time before their offense starts to click. They'll be a playoff team when it's all set and done

but that doesn't mean that he's the next Tom Brady or Peyton Manning I never said any of that lol. 

You can't just accept that Carr isn't very good and instantly transforms any roster into a subpar one.