Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

2024 2nd and 2025 5th for Leo Williams, and we couldn't pony that up?

SMDH. 

Williams in the last year of his deal. If he signs with another team gotta wait until 2025 to get a comp pick.

Risky win now move and a lot of draft capital to give up 

Good chance he signs with us this offseason if he makes it to FA

17 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Williams in the last year of his deal. If he signs with another team gotta wait until 2025 to get a comp pick.

Risky win now move and a lot of draft capital to give up 

Good chance he signs with us this offseason if he makes it to FA

Based on what other than a gut feeling and wishful thinking?

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Based on what other than a gut feeling and wishful thinking?

There’s no definitive guarantee he does. This all speculative

We have a need and $ to make it happen. Grew up a raiders fan and went to USC. Like I said, all speculative. 

The main thing is that’s a lot of Capital to give up for a pending FA which Seattle has from the Wilson trade

Edited by bucksavage1

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

There’s no definitive guarantee he does. This all speculative

We have a need and $ to make it happen. Grew up a raiders fan and went to USC. Like I said, all speculative. 

The main thing is that’s a lot of Capital to give up for a pending FA which Seattle has from the Wilson trade

A 2nd and 5th aren't that steep to try and get a guy before we have to get into a bidding war.  

And we sorta suck at drafting D anyway (and by sort of, we really  really suck at it). A 2nd for Leo is a slam dunk by our standards, and the 5th is a flyer anyway. 

We need a force on the IDL. We're not taking one in round 1. Show me the prospect we'd take there in round 2 this year that we can comfortably say is a better option (assuming we don't go TE or WR or RB in round 2 because lulz McGenius). 

He'll probably wreck in Seattle and they'll get him inked before anyone can even make offers. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

2024 2nd and 2025 5th for Leo Williams, and we couldn't pony that up?

SMDH. 

That is not a good deal. 

It would be a high 2nd round pick with the Raiders. For a player who is 30, needs a new contract and hasn't produced at the same high level for a couple years. 

This is desperate of Seattle imo at that price and I like Leo. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

That is not a good deal. 

It would be a high 2nd round pick with the Raiders. For a player who is 30, needs a new contract and hasn't produced at the same high level for a couple years. 

This is desperate of Seattle imo at that price and I like Leo. 

If we were good at drafting and finding IDL, sure. But we aren't and it has crippled us for a decade +. 

Leo is a proven commodity and should play another 4-5 years. 

From 5 years ago, only Kolton ever did anything of note with the Raiders. 

At the end of this year once Jj and Renfrow boune, from 4 years ago only Crosby will remain. 

From 3, only Amik is around. 

From 2, we still have Moehrig, Deablo, Koonce, and Hobbs and none are game changers and at the current rate none deserve second contracts with us right now. 

Leo being proven makes a huge difference to me. 

24 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

A 2nd and 5th aren't that steep to try and get a guy before we have to get into a bidding war.  

And we sorta suck at drafting D anyway (and by sort of, we really  really suck at it). A 2nd for Leo is a slam dunk by our standards, and the 5th is a flyer anyway. 

We need a force on the IDL. We're not taking one in round 1. Show me the prospect we'd take there in round 2 this year that we can comfortably say is a better option (assuming we don't go TE or WR or RB in round 2 because lulz McGenius). 

He'll probably wreck in Seattle and they'll get him inked before anyone can even make offers. 

Giving up a 2nd round pick for a player that might not be on your team next season is risky if you don’t win the Super Bowl

Williams is good but he’s not Donald or Chris Jones

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Looks like Jameis Winston is about to be traded to Minnesota

Dang thatll be interesting if it happens. . . tons of playmakers in Minny. 
jameis on a simplified playbook youd imagine mid season, may help limit his picks?
or does having JJ, Addison, Osborn and Hockensen just give him all the trust to continue throwing the ball up

wondering if anyone still thinks the saints dont win their division? 
they are the only team in that division with a positive in the +/-.
currently tied for 1st, have the best D in the division, and IMO the best QB in the division. (at least at the moment, id prefer to have young long term)

to me its a no brainer they are the favs to win, but seemed like a lot disagreed last week

Edited by BackinBlack

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

wondering if anyone still thinks the saints dont win their division? 
they are the only team in that division with a positive in the +/-.
currently tied for 1st, have the best D in the division, and IMO the best QB in the division. (at least at the moment, id prefer to have young long term)

to me its a no brainer they are the favs to win, but seemed like a lot disagreed last week

It depends how Atlanta looks after the QB change. Ridder is holding them back. Looking to add one of the Commanders DL to replace Jarrett

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Dang thatll be interesting if it happens. . . tons of playmakers in Minny. 
jameis on a simplified playbook youd imagine mid season, may help limit his picks?
or does having JJ, Addison, Osborn and Hockensen just give him all the trust to continue throwing the ball up

It will be rough for a few weeks. Learning a new system mid year gonna be hard. However, probably more for next season. Kirk probably won’t be ready to suit up to start next season. And he’s a Fa

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

If we were good at drafting and finding IDL, sure. But we aren't and it has crippled us for a decade +. 

Leo is a proven commodity and should play another 4-5 years. 

From 5 years ago, only Kolton ever did anything of note with the Raiders. 

At the end of this year once Jj and Renfrow boune, from 4 years ago only Crosby will remain. 

From 3, only Amik is around. 

From 2, we still have Moehrig, Deablo, Koonce, and Hobbs and none are game changers and at the current rate none deserve second contracts with us right now. 

Leo being proven makes a huge difference to me. 

You want JMD/DZ out and a new regime to come in right? Then you can't make the "yeah but we suck at drafting" statement. Holds no weight if you want someone new making the picks. In that case, you want that new regime to have pick 33-40 where it likely will be. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It depends how Atlanta looks after the QB change. Ridder is holding them back. Looking to add one of the Commanders DL to replace Jarrett

I havent watched a ton of Atlanta this year, but from what I have seen is yea, Ridder not looking to good. 
Think i heard Jeff Okaduh is quietly having a  good year for them too, but again not a team i follow to closely