Around The League V.2

Totty

I can't believe so  many are still talking about Carr. We've always known he's great between the 20's but not in the red zone. Most of us knew he was geeked out and off target the 1st quarter in most games. Overthrow and not as accurate. We all knew he could have games where he was top 10 sometimes top 5 but then bottom of the barrel another week and good for 2 or 3 of those each season. I'm still a fan of Carr and always will be. He made us RESPECTABLE for a decade and just never took us to where we needed to go to never let him go. I just hope whoever we do get gets the fans full support those first 3 years and the same with the coach. Being here in Vegas I WISH we had a playoff team because the love for the Knights would be for the Raiders if we didn't SUCK!!! I give credit and blame Mark Davis. The guy got us into the biggest growing market moving forward. Keep an eye on Mavericks one day being in Vegas with that majority stake being sold by Cuban. So much money flying around and so much temptation for young men who are coming into large sums of money and no experience with it. 

I say it's time to build in the trenches. If a QB is there or with a small trade up then make that happen but no matter who is throwing the ball they need to stay upright and on the field and with the other AFC West teams we need to pressure them and make sure they don't stay upright or have a clean jersey. I'm so sick of losing and winning seems to be the only thing that brings this fanbase together. I'd say the slogan but IMO we don't deserve it until we do it!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I get it comparing the 2 qbs but if the other vet qb’s #’s aren’t blowing the others out the water you’re basically admitting that there’s not much difference between the two. I’d rather deal with a rookie having rookie struggles that a 10 yr vet having rookie struggles if that makes any sense 

yeah for sure, I can agree to that, why i wanted nothing to do jimmy starting. 

On 12/1/2023 at 6:17 AM, bucksavage1 said:

That’s true as well. However, his stock was higher back in 2017-19 than it was in 2022 where we could of a 1st.

We sat on him entirely too long. He should of been traded w/ cooper and Mack era

I don’t think this is quite true, I’ve heard it reported that multiple teams called and offered at least a first in the 2021 off season. I think it was Hondo Carpenter I heard it on his YouTube. He definitely said fit fairly recently too.

23 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I don’t think this is quite true, I’ve heard it reported that multiple teams called and offered at least a first in the 2021 off season. I think it was Hondo Carpenter I heard it on his YouTube. He definitely said fit fairly recently too.

Hondo Carpenter is a liar

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

OK, care to provide the evidence that backs that up?

I have no horse in the race, what has he lied about?

He just wrote a hit piece on JMD for DZ's camp and is being called out for it by literally every other credible Raiders reporter on the internet. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He just wrote a hit piece on JMD for DZ's camp and is being called out for it by literally every other credible Raiders reporter on the internet. 

I don’t know about that, a few other reporters I’ve read have backed up what he has said. What lies specifically shall I check up on?

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Doesn’t really prove there’s any deliberate lies being told though does it? Is that Vincent dude more trustworthy than Hondo? I know Sanjit is a little bit exciteable at times and perhaps not the most accurate…….

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Doesn’t really prove there’s any deliberate lies being told though does it? Is that Vincent dude more trustworthy than Hondo? I know Sanjit is a little bit exciteable at times and perhaps not the most accurate…….

Vinny works for the LV Review Journal and is one of the most reliable beat writers we have. 

• Like 1

Looks like our opponents for next year are going to be

Home: Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs, Browns, Steelers, Falcons, Panthers, Titans/Colts

Road: Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs, Saints, Buccaneers, Patriots/Jets, Cardinals/Rams, Bengals, Ravens

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Vinny probably most reliable raider source there is.