Around The League V.2

Totty

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

If Carr was balling every week, his homers would be posting every three seconds about the guy. 100%. Frankie has like six posts this season. If Carr was ballin, he’d have 16 posts a day. Carr homers like WiFiWillie and Frankie and ronjon deserve to eat the crow. They were wrong. And to this day, still can’t even admit it. Flaws in their own personality. 

I knew I loved you brother 

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

In reality pro Carr has nothing to talk about because he sucks.

Sure, just as long as you understand you’re obsessed about talking about the guy. It’s just weird. 

He’s gone my man. Not our problem anymore. 

we still need to improve the qb position., we still need to get better at almost every level. 

we got a lot of work to do. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Sure, just as long as you understand you’re obsessed about talking about the guy. It’s just weird. 

He’s gone my man. Not our problem anymore. 

we still need to improve the qb position., we still need to get better at almost every level. 

we got a lot of work to do. 

We have to rub it in because of how obnoxious the Carr Stan’s were all off-season 

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We have to rub it in because of how obnoxious the Carr Stan’s were all off-season 

As if the haters werent obnoxious? 
stating Jimmy is the goat is the most obnoxious thing I can think of, and I had to hear it all offseason from one annoying person, who it’s tough to take his qb takes seriously because of.. 

Both extreme sides are painful… 

carr struggling doesn’t make the raiders look good.. cause we somehow ended up with worse qb play… 

some say you need to get worse to get better, but it’s been proven time and time again that’s not true. 

raiders still struggling, yet some of you act like we’ve fixed all our issues since he’s gone haha. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

As if the haters werent obnoxious? 

But the “haters” were right all along and have been saying it for years, that’s the difference. You’re acting like both sides had a 50/50 argument and equal in loudness. They kept arguing for years, while being wrong the entire time. It was infuriating. Excuse after excuse after excuse. It’s like something is physically wrong with their brain. Look at this WiFi willie dude…. still blames everyone but Carr. It’s crazy. These people are crazy. Every year… OL, coaches, WRs, etc. Non-sense. It’s Carr. He is very below average. He makes his WRs way worse. He makes his OL worse. He makes his defense way wayyyyy worse. He makes his coaches worse. I’m not saying Carr was 100% the problem, of course not, but I do think he made us worse. Gruden likely has a Top 5 Offense with any Top 10 QB. People will point to our current QB situation and say “Hey Carr wasn’t that bad!!!”, yeah that’s gonna happen when you downgrade from a QB ranked 21-22 to 28-29. I honestly don’t think we would have averaged much more points a game with Carr. Maybe 1.5? 

All those years “don’t upgrade without a QB” these people have zero clue what they are talking about. You have to get worse to get better. There is not a big QB gap from Carr and the other below average QBs in the NFL. Easily ditch him, suck for a year, draft a QB. It’s not rocket science. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

raiders still struggling, yet some of you act like we’ve fixed all our issues since he’s gone haha. 

The QB issue probably won’t be fixed until we an ascending player

JMD messed up the transition by signing Jimmy to a big deal. Not as big as Carr would of been but it didn’t have to happen 

Brissett and Stidham probably would of cost half of Jimmy G combined lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

All those years “don’t upgrade without a QB” these people have zero clue what they are talking about. You have to get worse to get better. There is not a big QB gap from Carr and the other below average QBs in the NFL. Easily ditch him, suck for a year, draft a QB. It’s not rocket science. 

I just disagree with first bold, I guess thats my biggest point. 
Everyone said Tannehill better than Carr right? well they got there next guy, they didnt have to get worse..
KC didnt have to get worse from Smith to get better? they got Mahommes.
SF had Garropolo and swung for their guy..

To waste a year, and say well you have to get worse to get better, is just nonsense. 
We could have moved up last year, we can move up this year etc etc. 

second bold, i wish we did.. but i dont even think we are trying to do that. Thats my problem. If we wanted to be bad, just tank lol

42 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

But the “haters” were right all along and have been saying it for years, that’s the difference. You’re acting like both sides had a 50/50 argument and equal in loudness.

also... to say Carr is the wrost QB ever because he has the most losses is just as idiotic as saying Carr better than Mahommes... 
so both sides had some terrible takes. 

and both were equally loud

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

But the “haters” were right all along and have been saying it for years, that’s the difference. You’re acting like both sides had a 50/50 argument and equal in loudness. They kept arguing for years, while being wrong the entire time. It was infuriating. Excuse after excuse after excuse. It’s like something is physically wrong with their brain. Look at this WiFi willie dude…. still blames everyone but Carr. It’s crazy. These people are crazy. Every year… OL, coaches, WRs, etc. Non-sense. It’s Carr. He is very below average. He makes his WRs way worse. He makes his OL worse. He makes his defense way wayyyyy worse. He makes his coaches worse. I’m not saying Carr was 100% the problem, of course not, but I do think he made us worse. Gruden likely has a Top 5 Offense with any Top 10 QB. People will point to our current QB situation and say “Hey Carr wasn’t that bad!!!”, yeah that’s gonna happen when you downgrade from a QB ranked 21-22 to 28-29. I honestly don’t think we would have averaged much more points a game with Carr. Maybe 1.5? 

Every year since 2017 there was a built in excuse for Carr’s mid play. It was a fascinating cycle. Some warranted and most not. What’s worse was this franchise hanging on to him and not flipping him when he still had some value (age and median contract). Saints believe it was the Raiders organization that was holding him back and now they know he’s slightly better than Dalton..maybe

Theres always been QBs like Carr in the NFL. Jeff George, Jeff Blake, Steve Bueuerlin, Elvis Grbac, Culpepper, Jake Plummer, Kyle Orton. Above average Mid QBs enough to start and win some games with. Even have a pro bowl season or few. But not true Franchise elite QBs. All those QBs were on multiple teams throughout their Career. Carr should probably be on his 3rd team now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Every year since 2017 there was a built in excuse for Carr’s mid play. It was a fascinating cycle. Some warranted and most not. What’s worse was this franchise hanging on to him and not flipping him when he still had some value (age and median contract). Saints believe it was the Raiders organization that was holding him back and now they know he’s slightly better than Dalton..maybe

Theres always been QBs like Carr in the NFL. Jeff George, Jeff Blake, Steve Bueuerlin, Elvis Grbac, Culpepper, Jake Plummer, Kyle Orton. Above average Mid QBs enough to start and win some games with. Even have a pro bowl season or few. But not true Franchise elite QBs. All those QBs were on multiple teams throughout their Career. Carr should probably be on his 3rd team now

Carr should be on like his 4th team right now, Mark Davis is an idiot. The Raiders hold the record for keeping a subpar QB that long. Any other team would have kept him 6 years max and got rid of him after 2019. And that’s being generous. 

5 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

maybe... we dont know. 
but all offseason the haters said they werent going to talk about it, (i assume) because everyone just thought the saints would be good. 
since they struggling, they are happy to talk. 

24-21 all of a sudden, lions a good team would be a massive comeback. 
saints still my pick to win that division 

We do know early in the season we was still getting the passive aggressive " carr fault" post in the in-game thread. So I'm sure if he had proved his " haters" wrong the supporters would be in full force. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

We do know early in the season we was still getting the passive aggressive " carr fault" post in the in-game thread. So I'm sure if he had proved his " haters" wrong the supporters would be in full force. 

This. The difference is that the pro-Carr crowd has had absolutely nothing to gloat about. Given the chance, the usual suspects would be as loud as they are in every other thread. 

• Like 1