Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

I prefer finding a way to get any of the top 3-4 prospects, and I'm happy. I'm not a steadfast believer in "the top 2 only" either, as you say many times the 3rd or 4th QB drafted pans out almost as often as a top 2 guy. 

I wouldn't mind trading a future first and this year first and 2nd for a top 2 guy, but I also wouldn't mind trading up 5 spots to get that 3rd guy either for less. 

This is where I am at as well. I think the team will be positioned well to get that 3rd or 4th guy, might take a small trade up to do it but much less than the top 2 spots. 

Should be a fun draft at the top with all the QB needy teams.

Just now, BackinBlack said:

the jets, pats having historically bad Os, yet still top Ds is impressive.

pats 0-4 last 4 weeks with the least points allowed in that span lol

-
its time we spend on our D! (it has been that time for a long time)

Your post actually makes and argument for offense. Despite the Jets and Patriots defenses they have 4 wins and 2 wins respectfully.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Your post actually makes and argument for offense. Despite the Jets and Patriots defenses they have 4 wins and 2 wins respectfully.

Fair enough, obviously you need to be able to score. I think our O is a qb away from being able to put up 20 consistently. 

whereas I do think our D has benefited from playing some lesser Os this year, and they need more help. 

In a perfect world we can become like the 9ers and be amazing on both. 

7 hours ago, NickButera said:

We're not in any position yet to get a top tier QB prospect yet. 

The Texans have been a bottom feeder for years now and instantly turned it around with Stroud. The Jaguars went from god awful to one of the best teams in the league within 2-3 years of adding Lawrence. Same for the Bengals with Joe Burrow, when you add a real franchise QB, the culture changes quickly because an elite QB gives you a chance to win week in and week out.

31 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Fair enough, obviously you need to be able to score. I think our O is a qb away from being able to put up 20 consistently. 

whereas I do think our D has benefited from playing some lesser Os this year, and they need more help. 

In a perfect world we can become like the 9ers and be amazing on both. 

Bro we need to be able to put up like 23 ppg at least if we want to win 10+ games a season.  We were literally putting up over 23 ppg last season.  Right now, the top 8 offenses in the NFL are averaging 25+ ppg this season.  Top 10 are all over 23 ppg.  So we should be shooting for top 10 IMO.  

49ers are averaging over 29 ppg.

We are currently averaging 16.8 ppg.  Super disappointing.  A whole touchdown less than last year.

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Points per Game | TeamRankings.com

www.statmuse.com

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Texans have been a bottom feeder for years now and instantly turned it around with Stroud. The Jaguars went from god awful to one of the best teams in the league within 2-3 years of adding Lawrence. Same for the Bengals with Joe Burrow, when you add a real franchise QB, the culture changes quickly because an elite QB gives you a chance to win week in and week out.

Agreed. But I was talking about our draft position. All the elite QB's will be taken by the 6-7 QB needy teams drafting above us before we get a shot to take one of those guys this year. 

12 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Bro we need to be able to put up like 23 ppg at least if we want to win 10+ games a season.  We were literally putting up over 23 ppg last season.  Right now, the top 8 offenses in the NFL are averaging 25+ ppg this season.  Top 10 are all over 23 ppg.  So we should be shooting for top 10 IMO.  

49ers are averaging over 29 ppg.

We are currently averaging 16.8 ppg.  Super disappointing.  A whole touchdown less than last year.

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Points per Game | TeamRankings.com

www.statmuse.com

Yeah I mean qb play is drastically holding this O back. I don’t want to spend on more WRs or draft TEs early. 
I’ll take lineman though, can never have enough. 
we need a qb, and we need D. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

Agreed. But I was talking about our draft position. All the elite QB's will be taken by the 6-7 QB needy teams drafting above us before we get a shot to take one of those guys this year. 

I do not think there are 6-7 QB needy teams ahead of us.  Maybe 4.  Which still sucks.

Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Yeah I mean qb play is drastically holding this O back. I don’t want to spend on more WRs or draft TEs early. 
I’ll take lineman though, can never have enough. 
we need a qb, and we need D. 

I agree with you.

• Like 1

If Gb finds success with Love, will we be able to put to rest you need to get worse to get better? 
they went from Favre to Rodgers, to now Love who is improving a lot. 

or is GB just lucky?

also love that they don’t care if they piss off the HOF qb by drafting another qb early.. they know it needs to be done. 

those who hate Carr were so terrified of him playing another snap they truly believe it was better to cut him, then to force him to sit out if he won’t accept a trade. something tells me  he would’ve allowed a trade to Vikes mid season.