Around The League V.2

Totty

22 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

If Gb finds success with Love, will we be able to put to rest you need to get worse to get better? 
they went from Favre to Rodgers, to now Love who is improving a lot. 

or is GB just lucky?

also love that they don’t care if they piss off the HOF qb by drafting another qb early.. they know it needs to be done. 

those who hate Carr were so terrified of him playing another snap they truly believe it was better to cut him, then to force him to sit out if he won’t accept a trade. something tells me  he would’ve allowed a trade to Vikes mid season. 

The odds of hitting on back to back top 10 QB all time is pure luck. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The odds of hitting on back to back top 10 QB all time is pure luck. 

Top 10 back to back is insane no doubt, I’m just saying love is able to have a good career with them though. 

To early to say of course, but he just had his 4th 3 td no int games in 13 starts, pretty solid. 

12 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

well the broncos kinda ruined our chances at keeping him for cheap, but I wouldve given him the same deal. (cheap for qb market, but def not cheap for stidys career tbh)

this was just a classic Raider F up... especially for JMD, you have such a tough system to learn... this guy has been in it, had a great game against SF, showed he could run it... and then you just let him go to get jimmy. ugh. 
like getting rid of Yannick to go get Chandler... 

we have / had enough holes to fill on the roster instead of creating new ones. 

JMD was just stupid 5M is cheap for a starting QB. We could have added more to the defense with the savings. As soon as JMD was fired I would have offered the Broncos a 5th or 6th to get Stidham back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Top 10 back to back is insane no doubt, I’m just saying love is able to have a good career with them though. 

To early to say of course, but he just had his 4th 3 td no int games in 13 starts, pretty solid. 

The Packers didn't have to be bad to find a franchise QB but they've also been willing to take a QB in the 1st round with an All-Pro starter already in place and allow them to develop for three years. Not many regime's around the league have the benefit of using a first round pick on a player that won't make any impact at all for three years with a HOF QB in place to mentor that player. 

I agree though, Love has looked good over the last month or so. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

If Gb finds success with Love, will we be able to put to rest you need to get worse to get better? 
they went from Favre to Rodgers, to now Love who is improving a lot. 

or is GB just lucky?

also love that they don’t care if they piss off the HOF qb by drafting another qb early.. they know it needs to be done. 

those who hate Carr were so terrified of him playing another snap they truly believe it was better to cut him, then to force him to sit out if he won’t accept a trade. something tells me  he would’ve allowed a trade to Vikes mid season. 

Actually I thought they would make him sit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

TLaw's injury did not look good. 

We've already lost 6 QB's for the season: Rodgers, Watson, Cousins, Jones, Burrow, Richardson, and now possibly TLaw. 

Afc got hit hard especially 

even Pickett will be be out for an extended time during the thick of the playoff race

• Like 1

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

JMD was just stupid 5M is cheap for a starting QB. We could have added more to the defense with the savings. As soon as JMD was fired I would have offered the Broncos a 5th or 6th to get Stidham back.

Probably would of if the deadline didn’t pass the day before the firing 

• Like 1

Kind of weird to think about, but if a qb could just be consistently average, I think theyd be considered a top 10 QB lol. 

Outside of the elites who are good week in and week out, its just the inconsistency that kills all other qbs. 

250 yards, with 1 or 2 tds a game and 0-1 int.. week in and week out;
4250 yards, 25 tds 8 ints. 

• Like 1

I haven't followed Carolina pretty much at all this season, what seems to be Bryce Young's biggest issues? He came into the Draft as (seemingly) the most polished QB prospect available. Is his size (or lack thereof) proving to be insurmountable? Is the team around him not cutting it? A bit of both?

12 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

I haven't followed Carolina pretty much at all this season, what seems to be Bryce Young's biggest issues? He came into the Draft as (seemingly) the most polished QB prospect available. Is his size (or lack thereof) proving to be insurmountable? Is the team around him not cutting it? A bit of both?

They have a terrible offensive line and zero weapons. But more than anything I think his lack of elite traits is being put on display, I personally haven't seen any "wow" throws from him this year. His movement and accuracy have flashed at times though so I wouldn't give up hope yet. I also think his struggles are amplified because of how well Stroud is playing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Packers didn't have to be bad to find a franchise QB but they've also been willing to take a QB in the 1st round with an All-Pro starter already in place and allow them to develop for three years. Not many regime's around the league have the benefit of using a first round pick on a player that won't make any impact at all for three years with a HOF QB in place to mentor that player. 

I agree though, Love has looked good over the last month or so. 

And it likely cost them a Super Bowl. They had a Super Bowl caliber team, needed someone opposite Adams and instead took a QB to sit for 4 years. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

And it likely cost them a Super Bowl. They had a Super Bowl caliber team, needed someone opposite Adams and instead took a QB to sit for 4 years. 

Yeah they could've moved up a few spots for JJettas or landed Higgins/Pittman where they ultimately took Love.

1 hour ago, RaidersForever said:

Team around him sucks, everytime I see them play he’s getting pressured damn near every pass play. This is why I don’t know why bad team go all in on a QB with nothing around them. They end up breaking the QB and ruining their careers. Now they don’t even have a 1st to help him out in a loaded OL class. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Team around him sucks, everytime I see them play he’s getting pressured damn near every pass play. This is why I don’t know why bad team go all in on a QB with nothing around them. They end up breaking the QB and ruining their careers. Now they don’t even have a 1st to help him out in a loaded OL class. 

Nothing wrong with going all in on QB if you have the right guy. Issue with Bryce Young is, he has no elite traits. He's undersized with average mobility and an average arm. He had no business going #1 overall. He's not the type player to elevate those around him. Stroud on the other hand was on a similarly bad team. 

The Panthers have further made him a mess keeping him as the starter. His footwork which was great at 'Bama is a mess now. He's pressing and really reeling. Panthers mismanaged that entire situation.