Around The League V.2

Totty

Rashee Rice looks decent, but with Kelce looking cooked, they have nothing as far as playmakers are concerned. They have to overhaul their WR core and even improve at RB. Pacheco isn’t impressive once you look past where he was drafted. Who knows if they keep Sneed, but I would bet Chris Jones leaves.

2 hours ago, Totty said:

Our future.... BRIGHT BRIGHT.

They have no QB. Top WR is over 30. Oline is still a mess. The defense is playing well, but is still lacking talent. Can they sustain this level? 

I think people are putting to much stock in beating a down KC team. 2 weeks prior they put up zero off a bye at home. 

They are a middle of the pack team, playing hard with no clear solution at QB. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

They have no QB. Top WR is over 30. Oline is still a mess. The defense is playing well, but is still lacking talent. Can they sustain this level? 

I think people are putting to much stock in beating a down KC team. 2 weeks prior they put up zero off a bye at home. 

You're like a freaking Josh Dubow in this forum.  LOL I do appreciate a sense of realism though.  

That said, I put an emphasis on future for some of those very reasons you stated.  We aren't without our own trials going froward.  I am firmly sitting the the trade Davante camp.  Use whatever capital we can muster to go up and grab our QBOTF.  

Off chance we can trade Hunter too.  Probably end up cutting him and that hefty contract and use some if not all the savings on going and finding a solid replacement in FA.  I also would be trying to draft one.  Keep in mind we still have  Jakobi Myers, an up and coming TE in Mayer, and a franchise LT.  All nice pieces to have to drop in a young franchise passer and continue to build around him.  I think we should have around 100mil after all the cuts and whatnot going forward.  (Someone check me; based on a post in here the other day and quick math)

I think you can find a few pieces for offense in FA.  Not necessarily impact skill position guys ($$$) but a solid LG/RG, a decent WR.  all while moving around in the draft to get let's say, Daniels.   I think Drake and Caleb (hate him) are out of reach.  A real OC will make a hell of a difference going forward.  I mentioned earlier a guy like Bevell.  Not a huge name, but generally well respected and has a track record in this league.  These are some tings the Raiders have control over and they can control.

What we cannot control which is working in our favor, the Broncos are starring down the barrel of a FULL rebuild under Sean Payton.  The Chargers are as well but to a lesser extent.  I mentioned earlier The Chiefs have backed themselves into a corner by giving Mahomes the contract they did.  He used to having a compliment of pass catchers which are now either on the decline or gone entirely.  They draft exceptionally well, however, a lot of those guys aren't going to get second contracts or will be asked to stay on lesser deals... we know how that will go.  All due to Mahomes 50mil a year.  

Our defense is under full control of Graham now.  A reason he'll want to stay.  Also, if AP is hired and he wants to bring in his own guy, I will have some serious questions.  You don't fix what ain't broken and right now, they're playing out of their skull.  I would add some decent depth pieces here.  Limited needs AS OF NOW... With Tyree kicking inside and finally showing some promise we could add a big body DT, maybe a LB with a heavy focus on CB.  However, we're doing just fine without those additions as it sits.  It makes me wonder why we say "you are what your record says you are"  but somehow discount things when we are doing well?  

My offseason looks like this:

JJ gets a second franchise tag if we can't come to an agreement

Trade up past the Falcons for Jayden

Trade Davante to NYJ for their 3rd (no second) and maybe a young building block piece (CB: Carter, Hall or Reed) maybe?

Sign one of a DJ Chark, Hollywood Brown, maybe even think a little bigger and look to a Tee Higgins

There is a slew of available OG to be had reasonably in FA, add a vet.

Move Parham to C

Finally put Munford at RT (hes earned it)

DRAFT SMART!

Pipe dreams and all that, but these are all really reasonable thoughts or process we can accomplish.  

• Like 1

The QB market this offseason is gonna be very interesting. Murray and Cousins possibly on the way out along with Fields. Gonna have QB needy teams Raiders,Broncos,Falcons. All eager and ready to possibly trade up. Gonna get expensive for the teams. 

With such a high demand it probably pushes JJ and Penix and Bo Nix as possible first round QBs which is sickening to think about.

a lot of need. Either be aggressive or get left with Minshew or Russell Wilson 

14 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I think you are under selling. They have been competitive in pretty much every game gave MIA a tough game obviously we need a competent QB to score some points. If we had one now we'd have 9-10 wins.

4 hours ago, RaidersForever said:

FIFY

Not that I want him as the HC, but he's the real reason Denver went on a winning spree.

Well yea lol

but Russ has had steady QB play at the very minimum this year. I’m saying that would have went a long way towards success for the raiders this year. We are competing in spite of bad QB play.

19 hours ago, big_palooka said:

They've won 7 games, the offense is ranked 28th DVOA. They don't have a starting QB on the roster. No clear offensive staff, plan or direction.  

What upswing?

Notice you didn’t mention anything about the defense but that doesn’t meet your agenda . 

For starters, we have surpassed last year’s win total after only 15 games. So the team has improved year over year

Defense has created an identity with tons of room to grow. All contributors under 30 on all 3 levels

Offense has pieces and could be in on a rebound next season with a few additions. Most importantly is QB. But that QB won’t have an empty cupboard 

Coach AP has an energy to him that undoubtedly help recruit coaches and FAs

Edited by bucksavage1

24 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Notice you didn’t mention anything about the defense but that doesn’t meet your agenda . 

For starters, we have surpassed last year’s win total after only 15 games. So the team has improved year over year

Defense has created an identity with tons of room to grow. All contributors under 30 on all 3 levels

Offense has pieces and could be in on a rebound next season with a few additions. Most importantly is QB. But that QB won’t have an empty cupboard 

Coach AP has an energy to him that undoubtedly help recruit coaches and FAs

I did in an earlier post. 

20 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Like with Bisaccia, you can't just assume this momentum carries over. Things in sports are rare like that. It all eventually boils down to talent, of which the Raiders have some but not a lot on defense. 

Until the path is clear at QB, saying they are on an upswing is premature imo. The offense regressed completely this year while the defense is punching above their weight. There is a happy medium in there they have to strike eventually. 

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Like with Bisaccia, you can't just assume this momentum carries over. Things in sports are rare like that. It all eventually boils down to talent, of which the Raiders have some but not a lot on defense. 

Only time will tell. However, momentum seems to be building up not fading. Considering AP been able to pick up the pieces and keep us in contention for the division title and playoffs, I don’t think we have reached the heights 

We look similar to the Lions from last season

20 hours ago, big_palooka said:

They've won 7 games, the offense is ranked 28th DVOA. They don't have a starting QB on the roster. No clear offensive staff, plan or direction.  

What upswing?

Also had to deal with JMD for 8 weeks. 

• Like 1