Around The League V.2

Totty

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wouldn't ever consider doing this.  I understand he's a proven product but to pay a single player 21 million per season over what should become a valuable player on a rookie contract is just crazy.  I don't think this is going to work out well for the Colts in the long run. Just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I wouldn't ever consider doing this.  I understand he's a proven product but to pay a single player 21 million per season over what should become a valuable player on a rookie contract is just crazy.  I don't think this is going to work out well for the Colts in the long run. Just my opinion of course.

Colts have a tooooon of cap space, and there will be a spike in coming years. Buckner is one of the best DL In the league and is only 25.

17 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Colts have a tooooon of cap space, and there will be a spike in coming years. Buckner is one of the best DL In the league and is only 25.

Yeah I was thinking that as well.  

3 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

I'm curious as to why you think that? I'm trying to think who the hell they're gona sniper away from us again.

Because there was only one glaring issue in the Super Bowl. Jimmy. 

People want to point out Kyles play calling was conservative. It was conservative because he didn’t trust Jimmy, and rightfully so. 

He either wants a QB or a Henry Ruggs IMO. His own version of Hill after the Super Bowl.

Kyle with Ruggs Speed, yikes. 

Colts with Buckner and Rivers would be really good. Rivers is a perfect fit for that offense and it doesn’t require much arm strength. DT was the Colts biggest need on defense and Buckner is so underrated. He’s a complete stud. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Because there was only one glaring issue in the Super Bowl. Jimmy. 

People want to point out Kyles play calling was conservative. It was conservative because he didn’t trust Jimmy, and rightfully so. 

He either wants a QB or a Henry Ruggs IMO. His own version of Hill after the Super Bowl.

Kyle with Ruggs Speed, yikes. 

Ok I can see why they want Ruggs.

As for drafting a QB, it doesn't make sense to me. Why would Kyle and Lynch trade for Jimmy, sign long term, then ditch him for any relatively unknown QB (unknown as in all draft prospects are a crapshoot).

But then again, after the trade of Nuk for what I consider peanuts, alot of things dont make sense.

1 minute ago, OldManWillis said:

Ok I can see why they want Ruggs.

As for drafting a QB, it doesn't make sense to me. Why would Kyle and Lynch trade for Jimmy, sign long term, then ditch him for any relatively unknown QB (unknown as in all draft prospects are a crapshoot).

But then again, after the trade of Nuk for what I consider peanuts, alot of things dont make sense.

Because Jimmy looked absolutely terrible in the playoffs, and Kyle didn’t trust him in big situations all year long. A slightly more decent QB and they win the SB easy. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Because Jimmy looked absolutely terrible in the playoffs, and Kyle didn’t trust him in big situations all year long. A slightly more decent QB and they win the SB easy. 

There's no for sure thing a draft pick would be a more decent QB though.  Seems more of a gamble to me, but if a team loves a QB then hey cant fault them for that. I mean it worked for the Bears right? Haha