Around The League V.2

Totty

23 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

woaaaah

would y’all trade for him if so what would you give

Adams is going to “holdout when virtual offseason workouts start”?  
what are they playing wiiFootball?  I don’t see how effective not doing virtual workouts will be.  
I heard they might trade him during draft, but it was a real “loose” rumor.

i wouldn’t trade for him, as Abrams should be used just like Adams has been, and to give up the needed 1st for a guy we’d instantly have to pay 15 if not 16M per for isn’t a great idea.  

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Adams is going to “holdout when virtual offseason workouts start”?  
what are they playing wiiFootball?  I don’t see how effective not doing virtual workouts will be.  
I heard they might trade him during draft, but it was a real “loose” rumor.

i wouldn’t trade for him, as Abrams should be used just like Adams has been, and to give up the needed 1st for a guy we’d instantly have to pay 15 if not 16M per for isn’t a great idea.  

Not to play da but can we really count on abrams yet?

he hasn’t proved that he can survive a nfl season or a single nfl reg season game. I love him and all but him going down first game lost some points in my book

we could make money for him just by dumping some guys like Gabe but I’m really more surprised nyj would consider trading him he’s the heart of their young defense or I thought 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Not to play da but can we really count on abrams yet?

he hasn’t proved that he can survive a nfl season or a single nfl reg season game. I love him and all but him going down first game lost some points in my book

we could make money for him just by dumping some guys like Gabe but I’m really more surprised nyj would consider trading him he’s the heart of their young defense or I thought 

Sure he’d be a nice addition but with Abrams promise and the cost of Adams being 16M plus I’d guess 19 that’s a huge cost.  And I see Abrams and being more similar than compatible.

Not to mention Adams seems like he’s angling for a new deal this year.... like ripping up his cheap ‘20 salary and ‘21 5th year option.  We’d be paying him for what he’s done for the Jets.  If he’d play under his current rookie deal at 825k + 9.5Mish option salary in ‘21 or at least allow us to immediately push some “new money” from an extension into those years that’d greatly impact his trade value. 

if he signed a 4y, 64M extension then it’s like a 6y, 75M deal (1,10,16,16,16,16).  That’s only 12.5M.  But he’s doesn’t seem like he’d be willing to do that.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Yannick wants to free so bad.

Honestly... this is disgusting. Lost a ton of respect for Ngakoue. There is a right and wrong way to go about things. These entitled players now think they can just take to social media and get what they want. I honestly HATE this generation of athlete. A lot of ungrateful, entitled clowns.

I feel for the team in this. You have no leverage because the player acts like a clown to get out. AB really changed the game with this stuff. 

• Like 4