Around The League V.2

Totty

50 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

That is THE stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.... without a doubt.  Keep Social Justice Warriors out of sports.  Hire the best guy.... no one cares about race.  Did anyone care Reggie McKenzie was black! F No!  It wasn’t even a thing a normal person would ever dream of thinking of.

Can you fire them after one year hire another one to get the same improvement every year.   I wonder if you rehire or extend the coach or GM are there extra perks to that also.  I personally think sports is the wrong place for this.  If a team wants to put out an inferior product by choosing someone they are comfortable with instead of the best person that is on them.  If the top 32 coaches were black and my team was  the only one to hire one of these coaches I would be happy to have that advantage.  I do not care about the color of the coach, GM, or player.  I care about the the color of the uniform.

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol wow that’s pathetic imo

I think its a bad idea but the lack of diversity among NFL coaches/execs is pretty profound and has bad optics. The league recognizes that. I think there is alot of maybe inadvertent nepotism that goes into the NFL hiring process. 

I dont know whats the right way to go about improving it but i can tell this idea won't work and will piss alot of ppl off. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I think its a bad idea but the lack of diversity among NFL coaches/execs is pretty profound and has bad optics. The league recognizes that. I think there is alot of maybe inadvertent nepotism that goes into the NFL hiring process. 

I dont know whats the right way to go about improving it but i can tell this idea won't work and will piss alot of ppl off. 

I agree And it’s sad but it’s kinda the way it is. Just like the no “black” quarterback thing but eventually things changed. It’s going to take time but gimmicks like the Rooney rule and draft capital won’t speed up the process imo

It's crazy to see so many NFL players get arrested during the offseason this year. Two of the most popular prospects on this forum last year for the #4 pick, Quinnen Williams and Ed Oliver were both arrested on weapons possession related charges. Lattimore, the WR from the Redskins was just arrested for assault with a gun. And DeAndre Baker/Quinten Dunbar were both arrested for armed robbery. Dunbar is another guy who a lot of people on this forum wished we traded a 5th round pick for after the move was announced. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see why the Jets won’t pay Adams cause he is a Safety and it’s not a position that you put a lot of money into unless your like a Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu type of player and Adams is close to that type of talent, but Jets are not even close to winning. At least two years away imo. Would be best to get the most u can get for his talent and also I’m just tired of this story, so please move on from him.