Around The League V.2

Totty

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Broncos look much different when they’re playing a team up to the rest of the NFL standards

Everyone should have seen this coming.  They beat up 3 bottom 5 teams in a row.  They aren't doing anything this season.  

• Like 2

Trey Lance is another example of how you can’t think a quarterback is ready to start over the game manager veteran just because of some gadget play they’ve done.

it’s completely different when you have to actually lead your team up the field and actually read defenses

• Like 2

Beating the Steelers is looking less and less impressive. Bottom 3 Offense in the NFL. We also faced the worst “starting” QB in the NFL in Jacoby Brissett in Week 3. 

Chargers are gonna show if our defense are contenders or pretenders.

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Most will say the Bills are the best team in the NFL but I may have to say the Cardinals. Kyler and the defense look phenomenal, they are beating up the best division in football, and beating up more quality teams than the Bills.

Bills and Cardinals are two really good teams right now.  If the Chiefs don't get their stuff together then the Bills may be the cream of the crop of the AFC.  I don't think the Browns or Ravens can beat the Bills in the playoffs.  I wonder if we could...

I think it would take Inc and Jacobs coming back healthy and of course...

If DC's hair somehow reaches the length of Kenny Stabler's by week 17, then we're obviously winning the SB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Beating the Steelers is looking less and less impressive. Bottom 3 Offense in the NFL. We also faced the worst “starting” QB in the NFL in Jacoby Brissett in Week 3. 

Chargers are gonna show if our defense are contenders or pretenders.

L. Jackson and the Ravens are still pretty legit.  They beat the Chiefs and are beating up the Broncos right now as well.  Chargers are another notch up, but I think if our offense keeps the pedal to the metal then we should be able to win this game.  We cannot slow down with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  They will come back and our defense will be gassed like they were against the Dolphins.  We cannot afford to try to run out the clock if we are only up 3-7 points.  Hopefully we put together that complete game DC was talking about.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

L. Jackson and the Ravens are still pretty legit.  They beat the Chiefs and are beating up the Broncos right now as well.  Chargers are another notch up, but I think if our offense keeps the pedal to the metal then we should be able to win this game.  We cannot slow down with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  They will come back and our defense will be gassed like they were against the Dolphins.  We cannot afford to try to run out the clock if we are only up 3-7 points.  Hopefully we put together that complete game DC was talking about.

My concern is we haven’t faced one real passing QB. Lamar is an average passer at best. Ben’s arm is dead and he shouldn’t be playing. And I’ve been calling Jacoby one of the worst QB’s in the league for a while. 

This really is our first true test for the pass defense and pass rush. Either we are for real or we are not. 

I have us winning 33-24, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t hugely concerned. I damn well am. 

• Like 3

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

lawl

Master of stealing paychecks. He won’t be in the NFL next season. Dude is no better than JaMarcus or Haynesworth. If the guy stepped on a thumbtack he wouldn’t play. He will use any excuse in the world. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

My concern is we haven’t faced one real passing QB. Lamar is an average passer at best. Ben’s arm is dead and he shouldn’t be playing. And I’ve been calling Jacoby one of the worst QB’s in the league for a while. 

This really is our first true test for the pass defense and pass rush. Either we are for real or we are not. 

I have us winning 33-24, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t hugely concerned. I damn well am. 

Definitely agree.  I think the biggest X-Factor is whether or not G. Bradley takes advantage of what he knows about the offense, or if the LAC offense is able to take advantage of what they know about him.  He may be a huge liability, or our greatest weapon.  Excited to see what happens.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I remember people saying that the ravens were going to smash us and then were quick to make excuses about why the Raiders are able to beat them. I wonder what their excuses for why they beat the Broncos today or the Chiefs two weeks ago.

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

The lone team in the AFC that hasn't lost. The Las Vegas Raiders.... imagine that 

We still have to actually play this week. but it is nice to have a tiebreaker over a team that you know it’s gonna be a playoff contender when it’s all said and done.