Adam Gase hired to be the HC of the NYJ

jetskid007

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

I'm worried that he's going to rub players the wrong way.  That's my biggest concern personally. 

I look at this two ways. 

If he’s being unnecessary and alienating guys then that’s an issue. 

But if he’s expecting a perfect effort and 100% dedication and they don’t oblige then they gotta go. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Gregg Williams scheme would be perfect for this defense. Our primary personnel would fit so smoothly. 

The three biggest benefactors of his defense would be Tru, Leo, and Lee... all players we’ve highly invested in.

Plus Adams(who fits anywhere) will be an absolute weapon for him. Just need some edge rushers. Imagine if Bosa falls. 

Oh God 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Plus Adams(who fits anywhere) will be an absolute weapon for him. Just need some edge rushers. Imagine if Bosa falls. 

Oh God 

Idk much about Gregg Williams but I do know he was playing Peppers 40 yards off the line of scrimmage for no reason that made sense whatsoever.

Someone please explain

Just now, Bianconero said:

What’d you think about the Bowles hiring? Lol

I liked it but was always concerned with who he would pair himself with offensively. 

Bowles has the connection to great coaches(Parcells, Reid, Arians) and his defenses were aggressive. 

He simply failed here for multiple reasons but mostly why most defensive minded coaches fail. 

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Idk much about Gregg Williams but I do know he was playing Peppers 40 yards off the line of scrimmage for no reason that made sense whatsoever.

Someone please explain

This is a decent breakdown of what he does

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/01/a_gregg_williams_defense_5_thi.amp

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I look at this two ways. 

If he’s being unnecessary and alienating guys then that’s an issue. 

But if he’s expecting a perfect effort and 100% dedication and they don’t oblige then they gotta go. 

We'll find out obviously.  The argument of no talent is an interesting one given that his two best players couldn't get along with him and got traded as a result.

• Like 1

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

One note on Gregg Williams, he's known as being a fiery guy.  Curious how that would work with Gase.

I’ve seen quotes that Gase is passionate and wants those kind of guys around him so it might be a situation where they’re both fiery guys but understand each other. 

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

One note on Gregg Williams, he's known as being a fiery guy.  Curious how that would work with Gase.

I honestly think it would he fine. Just let him run the D and do his thing. I feel like Adams would absolutely love him.

Edited by mattmanz91

Gregg Williams is a good coach but every time that guy speaks I have to keep my eyes from rolling straight out of my head. Unlikeable. That combined with Gase who apparently holds grudges and gets very bent out of shape about a lot of things is just...hard to swallow.

I have a lot to say about Gase. He was my favorite candidate years ago and I was a big fan but.... he's another guy that would benefit a lot from some self awareness, to put it nicely.

• Like 1