Adam Gase hired to be the HC of the NYJ

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

But he had Tannehill, Cutler and Osweiller. Hopefully having Darnold will open up his playbook. 

In truth I was jealous of the Dolphins when they hire him. Some of the things I read about him over the years down here in South Florida has me skeptical but again I’d take Darnold over any of the QBs he had to work with.

I live in Dolphin land too. Probably 90% of the reason I’m not thrilled with it 

25 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article223482025.html

the anti Rhule?

emo Brian Schottenheimer?

The playcalling thing is a major issue amongst Fin fans 

What fans base doesn’t hate their playcalling for the most part? 

A lot of it comes down to execution

First off I'm glad we took Gase over Rhule. I'm not happy with the hire but I'm not mad either. Here are some of my thoughts on Gase good and bad,

1. Why would Gase keep running Gore instead of Drake. Drake is a 3 down back that can do it all. This shows me he is scared to move on from old vets.

2. He never really had a QB. I never thought Tannehill was a starting QB from the start. I was happy when Miami signed him long term. 

3. He is young and has had good O when he has the talent unlike some coaches i.e Tomlin.

4. If we sign Bell this would make his O a lot more dangerous and keep us in the close games.

5. He is very good when the game is close. He is 20-6 with one score away.

6. He has proven that he can beat the Pats. I think this had a big part of it.

7. Most good coaches fail their first stop and do really well with their second stop because they learn from their mistakes. I think Gase does this.

These are the things running through my head. Like everything else the Jets do. Just HOPE he does well.