Adam Gase hired to be the HC of the NYJ

jetskid007

I wont judge this hire based on what he did in Miami...If that was the case theres a few very successful coaches in the NFL right now who were not successful on their first go round.

Hes a solid offensive mind who can work with a QB. He needs a solid defensive guy that can take the reins there and leave him to do what he does best (Gregg Williams) He has a real opportunity to take what we have and truly build off of it and make it his team. Miami was never really his team and he kept trying to tweak and adjust and it never quite got there. Add to that the fact that the QB carousel was insane and you have a guy who needed a change.

Im excited because we finally have an offensive minded coach, a young QB who looks promising and a ton of cap space. Plus, Brady is old as is Gronk...

P.S. Gase has owned the Jets since hes been in Miami...

• Like 2

I've come around on this hire after the smoke has cleared surrounding the Rhule and McCarthy circumstances. Couldn't help but be skeptical when it comes to the Jet's FO, but I think they actually hired the candidate they felt was best suited for the team at this moment in time, and I can't disagree with the reasoning. It feels like things are headed in the right direction.

• Like 2

I know this sounds like I’m nitpicking... but I will actual like this hire if I hear him admit to doing things wrong in Miami at his press conference Monday. If he doesn’t... then I still question the hire. I think the only way he can be a good coach is by recognizing what he did there was wrong with staff and players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I know this sounds like I’m nitpicking... but I will actual like this hire if I hear him admit to doing things wrong in Miami at his press conference Monday. If he doesn’t... then I still question the hire. I think the only way he can be a good coach is by recognizing what he did there was wrong with staff and players.

Something like???

-“I think I did a poor job of (insert here) and looking back that I could have (insert here) a lot better”

-“I think that’s part of the experience and growth as a coach and I’m glad I got to deal with that adversity then going into this job because I made my mistakes already and have better insight now”

something like that?

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Something like???

-“I think I did a poor job of (insert here) and looking back that I could have (insert here) a lot better”

-“I think that’s part of the experience and growth as a coach and I’m glad I got to deal with that adversity then going into this job because I made my mistakes already and have better insight now”

something like that?

Along those lines. But more so that he’s learned from those mistakes. Bc that’s what I question. He might have recognized he could have and should have done things different. But can he learn from it bc he didn’t have any time off really to reflect.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Along those lines. But more so that he’s learned from those mistakes. Bc that’s what I question. He might have recognized he could have and should have done things different. But can he learn from it bc he didn’t have any time off really to reflect.

The question is tho were They really mistakes....a lot of reports are out there and we all know things aren’t always what the media says they are. 

On 1/11/2019 at 3:16 AM, SDotNova said:

They interviewed a reporter who basically called them out. I forgot who it was but he basically said you guys are saying you are open minded but you are not. There's nothing anyone can say to convince you this was a good hire so stop asking like it matters. Listening to WFAN today was embarrassing. I couldn't believe it. It was on par with the butt fumble. Jets fans need to get it together. The negativity is unbelievable. Even Bart talked about it. He said when he came here as a player, he couldn't understand how the fan base was happy one day and depressed the next day. 

If you guys are referring to former Dolphins LB Channing Crowder going on WFAN, I didn’t hear his interview but am quite familiar with his work in Miami, just know he shouldn’t be taken very seriously. 

18 hours ago, jetfan8178 said:

P.S. Gase has owned the Jets since hes been in Miami...

I believe he went 5-1 and went 3-3 against NE (all wins at home).