Adam Gase hired to be the HC of the NYJ

jetskid007

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Wow did Bro and Evan really top their patheticness from yesterday today. They are actually making me defend Manish, which I hate, so in turn I reallllly hate these guys. I think Manish is a clown like most of us, but him giving reasons why he likes Gase over McCarthy and them literally dismissing every point and screaming over him was just a clown show. Bro and Evan need to retire. 

I don't know who these clowns are but it sounds terrible, stop giving them numbers but listening.

47 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

One thing that's bothering me about Gase is, why does he want to bring dowell logains with him wherever he goes, he's awful. You'd think with how smart everyone says he is, he'd want to bring in an up and comer that he can bounce ideas off of and get some positive feedback. 

Dowell Loggain isn't brought in to call offense.  Since Gase will call offensive plays you prefer to get someone who knows Gase well to prepare the offensive unit. 

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Dowell Loggain isn't brought in to call offense.  Since Gase will call offensive plays you prefer to get someone who knows Gase well to prepare the offensive unit. 

Good point, he was an OC 5 times and his offensive rankings were bad, granted I don't know who his QBs were those years and it doesn't paint the whole picture, but I've had a very tough time finding people who have said good things about him. Since Gase is the play caller, the OC doesn't matter as much as it usually would. 

4 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Good point, he was an OC 5 times and his offensive rankings were bad, granted I don't know who his QBs were those years and it doesn't paint the whole picture, but I've had a very tough time finding people who have said good things about him. Since Gase is the play caller, the OC doesn't matter as much as it usually would. 

I understand the concern.

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Ben McAdoo is still available. QB coach for Jets?

giphy.gif

Honestly, I think Jeremy Bates keeping the position wouldn't be a bad thing. He wasn't a great play caller but I think he's a good QB coach and understand football pretty well. I'd prefer keeping him over getting a guy lok McAdoo.

Just now, Sandwhich2 said:

Honestly, I think Jeremy Bates keeping the position of QB coach wouldn't be a bad thing. He wasn't a great play caller but I think he's a good QB coach and understand football pretty well. I'd prefer keeping him over getting a guy lok McAdoo.