GDT [Divisional Round]: Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Rams

canadaluvsdallas

55 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

did you see heath on that play.......

Yeah Heath had a huge fail not focusing in the QB Considering the terrible run D and some real questionable calls at some key moments both by the refs and SL   Like why didn’t they run that run option with Elliot in the 1st 4th an 1 when the game was still in balance.     The fact we ended up only loosing by one score when they only punted once says a lot about things 

2 minutes ago, quiller said:

Yeah Heath had a huge fail not focusing in the QB Considering the terrible run D and some real questionable calls at some key moments both by the refs and SL   Like why didn’t they run that run option with Elliot in the 1st 4th an 1 when the game was still in balance.     The fact we ended up only loosing by one score when they only punted once says a lot about things 

twitter , I HEAR, is ripping that sack call/play against Dak.

5 minutes ago, anthbes said:

I just don’t ******* know anymore. **** the divisional round. **** the playoffs. Can’t do this **** anymore 

5 straight losses in the Divisional round of the playoffs. 

I just can't get over that play where Goff gets the first down on 3rd and 7. 

2 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

This just feels surreal. It makes no sense that the defense had that showing. None.

Sure it does. It was actually a brilliant game plan by McVay.

He took our game and shoved it right back in our face.

Run the ball, control the clock, neutralize their main weapon and make their offense 1 dimensional.

They used their bigger back to soften our D line and then busted Gurley on the outside.

Only 1 team can play ball control and that is the team that effectively runs the ball.

Our defense was on Its heels the entire night.

Brilliant game plan.

Again, complete failure to run Dak...

And The other Key to this game was McVay's offensive scheme. I wanted to talk about it on here, I asked what everyone thought regarding his scheme and our "what you see is what you get" defense. 

I was wondering if our scheme would make game planning easier or more difficult for McVay. No one responded... I guess we know now. 

See yall next year.

3 minutes ago, J Shank said:

Again, complete failure to run Dak...

And The other Key to this game was McVay's offensive scheme. I wanted to talk about it on here, I asked what everyone thought regarding his scheme and our "what you see is what you get" defense. 

I was wondering if our scheme would make game planning easier or more difficult for McVay. No one responded... I guess we know now. 

See yall next year.

Why are we even discussing the offense? It was a complete failure of the Kris Richard called defense. 

That was a ish show.

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Why are we even discussing the offense? It was a complete failure of the Kris Richard called defense. 

That was a ish show.

I was just mentioning the failure to run Dak as an example of the staff's failures to play outside their neat little idealistic game-plans...

McVay's offensive scheme is the real issue here - or the Defense's ability to figure it out. I felt like that was the number one thing to discuss but no one seem to think that was an issue. I am still uncertain as to whether our defense made it easier for McVay to game-plan for/expose. I guess what I am wondering is whether creating disguises or exotic schemes on defense would throw off the Ram's offense, or do the Rams operate their offense regardless of the type of defense they face?

They went with a ton of zero-count snaps - super quick.

IMO, they made us sacrifice the middle of the field (runs up the gut) in order to protect the edges from misdirection. This freezing of our defense allowed them to get an initial push and make those tough runs  impossible to stop. TBH, I feel that Cover 2 should be used against them... Good tackling CBs should be charged with defending misdirection, freeing up the LBs to stuff the inside and off-tackle runs. There is simply no way the LBs can do both - play the inside runs and cover the misdirection wrs and stuff - all day. That seems to be the underlying strength in their crazy scheme. We use to use more Cover 2, but now we have our CBs playing a bunch of man, and playing the WR not the ball. With that said, Byron is great at playing that way, not good at playing zone...

Still, I would have had B. Jones and Awuzie playing tight near the lines and watching the misdirection and the QB's eyes, rather than the man coverage they have been playing.

Archived