Jump to content
coordinator0

Mornhinweg Out as Offensive Coordinator, Roman In

Recommended Posts

so basically it will be a run heavy offense ala 2015 Buffalo Bills with Tyrod Taylor and Shady or in this case Lamar and Gus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

so basically it will be a run heavy offense ala 2015 Buffalo Bills with Tyrod Taylor and Shady or in this case Lamar and Gus

The important factor here is the difference between Jackson and Taylor. Tyrod isn't even close to Lamar's league. Nobody* is. 

*Murray will be right there with him if/when he plays in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I don't love Roman but he's better than Marty. So that's good at least. 

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I don't love or hate Roman, but he probably wasn't my first choice for a new OC. At the very least, he's not Marty Moronwig.

My biggest concern is not that we continue to stick to the run-first approach, it's that this move COULD be interpreted as the coaching staff/front office not having the utmost confidence in Lamar's passing ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ill take it. Hopefully this means a lot more play action like he used in SF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roman is the only offensive coordinator Harbaugh has had that didn't have NFL head coaching experience. On a related note, Greg is still only 46. Feels like he's been around a lot longer than his age indicates. I wouldn't rule out potential head coaching opportunities if/when Lamar takes off and starts dominating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

The important factor here is the difference between Jackson and Taylor. Tyrod isn't even close to Lamar's league. Nobody* is. 

*Murray will be right there with him if/when he plays in the NFL.

Im not sure what you mean that he isnt close to Lamars league and no one is? They went with roman specifically to count on the run game and pound the rock while having a solid defense. They plan to minimize the multiple mistakes Lamar has had with his turnovers. Tyrod may not have the arm strength that Lamar has but he has the brains to be the game manager and make little risk counting on the defense and run game to keep them in it. When they need a big play that is when he will go for the deep pass but all in all his offense is set around the run game with the rb and the qb using his legs. He did it in San Fran with Kap, and with Tyrod in Buffalo. Expect it in Baltimore as that is his M.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Im not sure what you mean that he isnt close to Lamars league and no one is? They went with roman specifically to count on the run game and pound the rock while having a solid defense. They plan to minimize the multiple mistakes Lamar has had with his turnovers. Tyrod may not have the arm strength that Lamar has but he has the brains to be the game manager and make little risk counting on the defense and run game to keep them in it. When they need a big play that is when he will go for the deep pass but all in all his offense is set around the run game with the rb and the qb using his legs. He did it in San Fran with Kap, and with Tyrod in Buffalo. Expect it in Baltimore as that is his M.O

Jackson is miles beyond anybody else as a runner from the QB position. It's not close and that makes a difference. Then you factor in the arm and the upside he's shown as a passer and I wouldn't really compare what Baltimore's offense could/should look like to what San Francisco's and Buffalo's did.

And for what it's worth Lamar's mistakes have turnovers are way more weighted towards fumbling than interceptions. Which might actually be more troubling given his reliance on running the ball, but at least it's not a huge hindrance to the development of his passing game at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Jackson is miles beyond anybody else as a runner from the QB position. It's not close and that makes a difference. Then you factor in the arm and the upside he's shown as a passer and I wouldn't really compare what Baltimore's offense could/should look like to what San Francisco's and Buffalo's did.

And for what it's worth Lamar's mistakes have turnovers are way more weighted towards fumbling than interceptions. Which might actually be more troubling given his reliance on running the ball, but at least it's not a huge hindrance to the development of his passing game at this point. 

Plus Lamar's fumbles seem all self inflicted which I'd lean is better and can be fixed easier.  He's not pulling an Alex Collins and fumbling because of contact and tackles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×