Cody Parkey on the Today Show

WindyCity

16 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Bears scored 15 points and we're talking about the kicker costing our QB his "narrative"...

Please find me a post where someone says the offense was good.

The offense was not good, but in the end our young QB took the Bears down the field to win the game and a guy missed a chip shot field goal.

Parkey is taking exactly the amount of **** he deserved and then he poured gas on the fire with that stupid, and very optional, today show appearance.

That is what we are discussing in the kicker thread.

The offense was not good enough.

The defense made more mistakes on the 2 TD drives than they had in the previous 4 games.

Nagy was not particularly good either.

With all of that being true the kicker needed to hit a easy FG to still win the game. 

If he had been good all year and just choked in a big moment, I would be more forgiving. But, he was horrendous all season.

7 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

About Pakrey...

He wasn’t the reason the Bears lost the game but he was the reason they didn’t win. 

That is a good way of saving it.

I also did not see McManis and Amos on Good Morning America about blowing key coverages, or Robinson and Miller talking about not catching the ball inside the 5.

On 1/12/2019 at 2:33 PM, WindyCity said:

That is a good way of saving it.

I also did not see McManis and Amos on Good Morning America about blowing key coverages, or Robinson and Miller talking about not catching the ball inside the 5.

I didn't see McManis or Amos targeted by the fanbase for their poor play.

21 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Vinatieri missed 2 easy FGs yesterday.  Do you guys think Andrew Luck is upset with him today because he ruined his narrative?

1. Kicks did not lose the game, they got their ***** kicked the entire game.

2. Vinateri is a HOF who has hit enough big kicks to be forgiven.

3. I am sure if he had missed a kick to win the game guys in the locker room would have been pissed.

-They lose an opportunity to move on.

-They lose any where between 30-180k dollars.

Just now, WindyCity said:

1. Kicks did not lose the game, they got their ***** kicked the entire game.

2. Vinateri is a HOF who has hit enough big kicks to be forgiven.

3. I am sure if he had missed a kick to win the game guys in the locker room would have been pissed.

-They lose an opportunity to move on.

-They lose any where between 30-180k dollars.

Kicks did also not lose the game for the Bears. Parkey was 3 of 4, so without him Bears wouldn't even had a chance to win that Eagles game.  The offense, defense and special teams all lost that game collectively.

I'm not a Parkey fan at all, but this is the truth.  

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Kicks did also not lose the game for the Bears. Parkey was 3 of 4, so without him Bears wouldn't even had a chance to win that Eagles game.  The offense, defense and special teams all lost that game collectively.

I'm not a Parkey fan at all, but this is the truth.  

He had a kick that NFL kickers make at an 87% rate to win the game and he missed, add that to 11 missed kicks in the season, and you have a brutal season and moment.

Lots of things could have made the game different.

Despite all that you needed a guy to hit a free throw to win the game and he bricked it.

21 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He had a kick that NFL kickers make at an 87% rate to win the game and he missed, add that to 11 missed kicks in the season, and you have a brutal season and moment.

Lots of things could have made the game different.

Despite all that you needed a guy to hit a free throw to win the game and he bricked it.

I'm not disagreeing about all that, I'm just saying this loss cannot be solely pinned on Cody Parkey.  

I hope he's gone next year, but Bears still need to be better in all phases to win playoff games like these.

Archived