The Ill Mind of SwAg: Game Thread -- Game Over

SwAg

7 minutes ago, Dome said:

Good man. Shame he got caught. Killing malf day 1 as scum is like mustard on a hotdog.

I have a strict kill malf n1 policy but I may need to rethink that. So much heat now.

I would have probably pushed for someone else to hit d1, knowing malf is a hot target.  It wasn't something that was discussed, amac just did it I guess.  I wished we had more involvement but it was what it was. 

The first collective decision on the hit was gonna be gopher but then with your bomb post we switched it up last second.  

41 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Alright, you can retreat behind the "it's my opinion! herr derr" all you want, but if you want to post-game whine (poor look, but I'm hardly shocked), I would suggest something more poignant than: noooo faiiiirrrrr, they didn't dieeeee! BROKEN! 1/5!

The fact is tk3 was only able to survive by using his night ability at a high level.  There were eight total people in the game that could yield a horcrux.  One (James) died on D1.  If those people died in any way other than Voldemort, tk3 is out of a win condition, and out of a horcrux.  He could have been lynched D1, D2, or D4 and died instantly.  Meanwhile, each horcrux cumulatively reduced his ability's success chance by 10%, meaning he had about a 60% chance to kill by the end (why he failed, and would have been able to die had the game not ended).  There were 3 Mafia Roles, 8 Town Roles, and 1 Independent Role that could counter his role... but none of you even targeted him.  I don't know what to tell you all other than play better.  Moreover, Voldemort basically needed a non-Town win due to the difficulty of his other two win conditions.  Instead of buddying with Mafia, he killed them.  If you cannot see how the win condition antagonism counterbalances power, then I don't know what to tell you other than read more books.

I can control for mechanics, I cannot control for poor play.

What about this is unbalanced?  I want you to point to the part that makes it inherently unbalanced, rather than whining about the practical course that occurred -- which was influenced by dozens of other variables, including other players.

Touch had a 50% chance of dying after LaRon Landry died!  I basically lied to him his Role PM!  He was going all God mode at the end and could have easily died, ending the game there. 

Dome, meanwhile, was Cult for a full 2 days.  And survived by doing nothing except letting tk3 and Touch yell at each other.  And I'm not sh*tting on you, Dome, good win, bro.  Just keep yourself honest, you didn't play the best game (and I'm aware you're not contending that).

You're mad because two players had great RNG with their roles that had diminishing returns on success.  It's a game of chance, all of it could have been prevented with better gameplay.

Thanks for the insight though, I'll be sure to organize future games in accordance with your vaunted role mechanic prowess.

Who is whining. Just pointing out what my opinion is, TK3 did not earn MVP. The people who had no added benefit of getting up to 7-8 lives or whatever it was did. I totally disagree with any role getting more than 2 lives on top of the original. That is my opinion. You can get all defensive if you want. Learn the English language please. I'm not saying Tk3 or touch didnt deserve to win or shouldnt have won. They played great given their role and wincon. Just dont agree with them getting MVP. @Dome did more with less. That is my opinion and I shared it. 

Set up games however you feel, it was a blast to play. Doesnt mean I cant give my opinion on who "earned" MVP and who had the added benefit of an OP role imo. 

26 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

@The Orca i redirected your move n1 to gopher.

what was your initial choice for the move?

I think it was KSJ. I think it ended up better for me that it was Gopher though 

1 hour ago, The Orca said:

Not really. Whether by design or hidden luck...living 3 killing attempts and what he had 1 more to, that's a bad mechanic imo. With as many scum as there were he was bound to hit 1 or 2 of them even if he didnt try imo. He should have been given 1 time living, not continued chances imo. He was caught as scum D2. The life after life basically gave him the win. He played bad if his was scum imo. His role and hidden abilities won it for him. He did great with his moves based on what he was given, but I completely disagree with the role and it being MVP worthy. Top 5 sure

1 hour ago, The Orca said:

Disagree with the design of his role and Touch's...that's my opinion. As such, I think someone like @Dome who won as cult and didnt get 3+ lives at it is more worthy of MVP

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

Who is whining. Just pointing out what my opinion is, TK3 did not earn MVP. The people who had no added benefit of getting up to 7-8 lives or whatever it was did. I totally disagree with any role getting more than 2 lives on top of the original. That is my opinion. You can get all defensive if you want. Learn the English language please. I'm not saying Tk3 or touch didnt deserve to win or shouldnt have won. They played great given their role and wincon. Just dont agree with them getting MVP. @Dome did more with less. That is my opinion and I shared it. 

Set up games however you feel, it was a blast to play. Doesnt mean I cant give my opinion on who "earned" MVP and who had the added benefit of an OP role imo. 

I think it was KSJ. I think it ended up better for me that it was Gopher though 

^ This guy is not whining!  Sorry you are averse to innovation.  You clearly did not even read what I wrote, or you're willfully ignoring it.  Every role was extraordinarily powerful.  That was the point, everyone received an interesting role.

Dome objectively did not do more with less.  Dome did almost nothing as Cult.  Sorry, Dome, but that is an apt assessment.

Also, I am likely the last person on here that you should critique on the proper use of English.

7 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Dome objectively did not do more with less.  Dome did almost nothing as Cult.  Sorry, Dome, but that is an apt assessment.

Look who's not reading now.

58 minutes ago, Dome said:

the cult win was easy, cause playing as a civ the first 4 days gave me a good grouo of people with a civ read on me. I definitely didn’t do anything special there, just what I needed to which was almost nothing lol

Swag

7 minutes ago, SwAg said:

^ This guy is not whining!  Sorry you are averse to innovation.  You clearly did not even read what I wrote, or you're willfully ignoring it.  Every role was extraordinarily powerful.  That was the point, everyone received an interesting role.

Also, I am likely the last person on here that you should critique on the proper use of English.

I disagree. Making it to the end of a 20 person game without the added benefit of possibly getting 7 lives...is much harder than doing it with nightly kills and being able to get 7 lives. That's my opinion. Deal with it

1 minute ago, The Orca said:
7 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

lol, I think Swag has mastered the English language. Especially the words nobody else uses.

Well he choices to not comprehend it lol

This is irony at its finest. 

Archived