The Linehan Watch - FINAL DECISION: TERMINATED

textaz03

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

His problem was concentration drops, and I think that stemmed from his frustration with Linehans offense/young QB.  Now he has missed a year of football and has to rehab an injury at 30.

No telling what you'd get from him except a good price.

At the least I think you improve the redzone offense with Dez. For a team with no TE and a WR1 that doesn't do jump ball fades, he could be of use. At the most I think you get a solid #2. Not that I want to impede the growth of Gallup but at this point Beasley may cost more than Dez. I think Amari, Dez, or Gallup could hand some slot work.

Amari is pretty good in the slot. Gallup is a solid route runner as well. Use Dez on the outside and his physicality in the red zone would be wwelcomed.

Finally. Wonder if this effects Kellen Moore's status with the team. I've hated that hire from the get go.

James Coley is an interesting name. Sounds like his offense is much the same as the current with more TE action. Looking outside the box, I'll throw Jedd Fisch's (Rams Off. consultant) name in the hat for OC again. 

Really hope the internal candidates stay where they are. Nussmeier did fantastic work with the TEs and Lal the same with WRs.

This is one of those weird things where I'm obviously very happy he's gone because he was just toxic. But from the human side of it, I always feel bad celebrating someone losing their job.

In any event, my guess is we won't see a ton of change from an infrastructure standpoint, but maybe a new play caller offers some variety in what we do in 3rd/4th and short and red zone situations. Offense looks much better if they can score in the red zone at even a league average clip.

5 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

This is one of those weird things where I'm obviously very happy he's gone because he was just toxic. But from the human side of it, I always feel bad celebrating someone losing their job.

In any event, my guess is we won't see a ton of change from an infrastructure standpoint, but maybe a new play caller offers some variety in what we do in 3rd/4th and short and red zone situations. Offense looks much better if they can score in the red zone at even a league average clip.

These guys make more than most of us ever will in an entire lifetime. If they invested wisely, most would never have to work again. I really don't feel that bad for them.

Archived