The Linehan Watch - FINAL DECISION: TERMINATED

textaz03

46 minutes ago, J Shank said:

Defending Dak from being OVERLY/UNJUSTLY criticized, or even worse, calling him Quincy, is much different than those claims. 

By defending Dak, I, and most others, are not saying Dak is Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc. . .

I am not making the claim that Dak is a 5k 40+ TD QB type of guy.

Extraordinary claims, such as the "Quincy", type claims require strong evidence to support them. The evidence, though, exonerates him - clearly.

Don't try and control the narrative and create a false equivalency. If people put him on Brady level, Brees, Rodgers, than they have the extraordinary burden, but that's not the case.

If he is paid $30M per season (or roughly 12% of the salary cap), the comparison will be made because he has an equivalent contract. Meaning, he will be expected to perform at that level, which we know he can’t do.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

So you rattle off 4 QBs for comparison and half of them have a SB ring. This is a big step for you. I feel like maybe you're making some progress.  

Not really. I've compared him to those same QBs for a long time. I was called a hater for it. If you think those QBs were good then fine, but everyone else better get paid first because Dak is interchangeable 

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Not really. I've compared him to those same QBs for a long time. I was called a hater for it. If you think those QBs were good then fine, but everyone else better get paid first because Dak is interchangeable 

Well, you’re a hater for sure. That part is obvious. And, Dak along with all of them is interchangeable/replaceable.

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Well, you’re a hater for sure. That part is obvious. And, Dak along with all of them is interchangeable/replaceable.

So you are impressed with the list of QBs that I compare him to and simultaneously call me a hater for it? Yes, every player is interchangeable. Some easier than others. I don't think you find another DLaw as easy in the off season, as you could a bus driving QB. The opinion that Dak is a bus driver is not a hater opinion. That's, just like, everyones opinion man. Even yours apparently.

50 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

So you are impressed with the list of QBs that I compare him to and simultaneously call me a hater for it? Yes, every player is interchangeable. Some easier than others. I don't think you find another DLaw as easy in the off season, as you could a bus driving QB. The opinion that Dak is a bus driver is not a hater opinion. That's, just like, everyones opinion man. Even yours apparently.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you weren't around during the years between Aikman and Romo. Or I'd think you've never heard of the Cardinals, Jets, Browns, Buccaneers, Bears, Redskins, etc. etc. etc. who keep looking. Finding a QB who can consistently win is incredibly difficult to do. Since he came into the league, Dak has won at a clip matched only by Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Ben Roethlisberger.

Maybe you don't think Dak is good enough to get us over the hump and win a Super Bowl, fine. But if you think you can easily replace him, well, I don't even know what to say to that. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Hater is just way easier to type than overly analytical

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If I didn't know better, I'd think you weren't around during the years between Aikman and Romo.

What 5 years? Yeah that's a lifetime.

I see probably available guys like Tyrod Taylor as a less durable version of Dak. I see Flacco as a less mobile, bigger arm, same inaccuracy, uncanny ability to win with a good team around him version of Dak, I see rookie after rookie after rookie coming into this new era passing league and having success. I see the defending SB champions building a great team and literally winning it all with a backup. I see Dak not doing anything special most of the time, and his success supports the theory that QBs are in a better position to succeed than ever before. The start of Tom Bradys career was a whole different era with different rules for the DBs and DL. It doesn't matter what happened 20 years ago. What's happening now?  What's the success rate for 1st round QBs the last 5 years? Because that's more relevant than Tom Brady and Drew Brees.

49 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Jason Garrett embarrassed himself again in the Pro Bowl as the Cowboys HC.

7 points but Scott Linehan was the only issue. Smh 

Dude it's pretty obvious this was nothing more than an exhibition game. It's not like Garrett and/or Moore are going to be going all-out with their playbook. I mean Zeke and Barkley were rushing the passer for God's sake.

Archived