NFC Championship: Rams vs. Saints

DigInBoys

4 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

Again, this is a terrible false equivalency.

Are you trying to say Gurley had a big impact running the ball against the Saints on Nov. 4? Because the stats say he did. 5 YPC is great.

However, I highly doubt anybody who saw that game is sitting here saying "Gurley had a huge impact in this game and I hope he has another game exactly like that in the second game against the Saints too." If he does the Saints will walk away from that game happy, and more than likely getting ready to go to Atlanta.

I’m not but I’m also not the one saying my team shut down a guy that had 5 ypc.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

I think the Eagles gave up like a 3rd and 16 and a 3rd and 20.  Those are just back breakers.  If you double cover and roll coverage toward Michael Thomas and scheme to limit Kamara, can everyone else on the Saints beat you?  I'm not trying to diss the Saints other receivers and playmakers, but I'm taking my chance at letting Brees throw to those guys over and over again over letting Thomas get 12 catches for nearly 200 yards - that was absurd.

Haven't you heard?

#Can'tGuardMike

3 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Congrats on the win Saints the referee is Vinovitch. We’ve lost best of luck in the Super Bowl.

The NFL clearly wants Brees in the Super Bowl. What a bunch of BS. I don't know how they hand him the NO-LAR game again. Eff that noise. It's total crap that we can look forward to not getting a fairly called game.

12 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

Again, this is a terrible false equivalency.

Are you trying to say Gurley had a big impact running the ball against the Saints on Nov. 4? Because the stats say he did. 5 YPC is great.

However, I highly doubt anybody who saw that game is sitting here saying "Gurley had a huge impact in this game and I hope he has another game exactly like that in the second game against the Saints too." If he does the Saints will walk away from that game happy, and more than likely getting ready to go to Atlanta.

I'm saying that when we attempt to evaluate how well the Saints will defend against the run this weekend, the fact that Gurley averaged 5 yards per carry against their defense in the first meeting is highly relevant.

1 hour ago, Destructo Spin said:

This is basically an argument of mean average vs. standard deviation. The mathematical argument against mean average is that is doesn't necessarily give one an easily predicted outcome for a typical instance, or show an accurate depiction of said typical instance.

So I guess, take it up with mathematicians, who rarely use mean average because they recognize it's a very flawed tool.

Okay, you believe the 24-yarder is an anomaly that inflates the mean. Toss out the second half dataset. That leaves us with 5 yards per carry in the first half.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I'm saying that when we attempt to evaluate how well the Saints will defend against the run this weekend, the fact that Gurley averaged 5 yards per carry against their defense in the first meeting is highly relevant.

Okay, you believe the 24-yarder is an anomaly that inflates the mean. Toss out the second half dataset. That leaves us with 5 yards per carry in the first half.

He believes the 24 yarder is the anomaly but he’s wrong, the zero yard runs were anomalies so his average is great now. Such a fun game.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The NFL clearly wants Brees in the Super Bowl. What a bunch of BS. I don't know how they hand him the NO-LAR game again. Eff that noise. It's total crap that we can look forward to not getting a fairly called game.

Haha, already making a case for a loss? C'mon!

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

I think the Eagles gave up like a 3rd and 16 and a 3rd and 20.  Those are just back breakers.  If you double cover and roll coverage toward Michael Thomas and scheme to limit Kamara, can everyone else on the Saints beat you?  I'm not trying to diss the Saints other receivers and playmakers, but I'm taking my chance at letting Brees throw to those guys over and over again over letting Thomas get 12 catches for nearly 200 yards - that was absurd.

Make no mistake about it, they didn't "let him" do anything. He went & got it!! The dude is a beast!!

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

How so? I don't really pay attention to refs. They all kind of suck in their own ways. 

1 minute ago, Mid Iowa said:

Haha, already making a case for a loss? C'mon!

I know what's coming. The Rams are 14-1 this year in games not reffed by him. They're 0-2 in games reffed by him. In his time as a head ref, he's never once assessed the Rams' opposition more penalty yards. Further, the Rams are 0-8 with him as head ref since he returned in 2012. He already reffed the NO-LAR game and screwed us once. I'm not sure how anyone justifies putting him on this game again.

2 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

How so? I don't really pay attention to refs. They all kind of suck in their own ways. 

He's biased against the Rams. I don't know why. But his treatment of the Rams doesn't make sense in a vacuum.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I know what's coming. The Rams are 14-1 this year in games not reffed by him. They're 0-2 in games reffed by him. In his time as a head ref, he's never once assessed the Rams' opposition more penalty yards. Further, the Rams are 0-8 with him as head ref since he returned in 2012. He already reffed the NO-LAR game and screwed us once. I'm not sure how anyone justifies putting him on this game again.

Well there's your jinx. Rams will be up 42 by the half.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Dang, that's kind of a crazy stat, 0-8 with him as ref. I don't remember the first NO-LAR game being overly poor on the officiating end though. Maybe the Rams will be 1-8 with him officiating after this game ;)

Archived