Conference Championship Games

Leader

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Are we formulating our entire opinion of football players in 2019 by Googling their PFF score?

it's better than looking at their statline

Until someone presents a better option, it's the best option. How many snaps did you concentrate watching Bailey or Suh this year? I would bet $100 the answer is "zero".

So I think the PFF score is a WAY better barometer than forming our entire opinion on googling two of their stats.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

do they do any sort of comprehensive grading where it's easy to compare guys quickly? Never checked em out before

Oh nah I just think their big board is always ahead of the curve before things really get rolling w/ the tastemakers controlling the narrative on guys 

edit: Oh I thought you were talking about draft stuff

I really get sick of the hate for PFF.  Yes, it has its faults.  No, it's not reliable for QB/WR/DB/RB/TE.  But yes, it absolutely is the best tool we have for ranking the play of offensive and defensive line play, including EDGE rushers.  You might watch one game from a player and see something and base your opinion on that.  PFF is a full-season aggregate of performances. 

Not only that, it is the SAME TEST FOR ALL PLAYERS.

However PFF grades things, they're grading it the same among all players.  Therefore, it is the absolute best tool that people have for ranking and judging and comparing players on the front line of football. 

Some people in here only use it when it suits them and dismisses it when it doesn't, and that's obnoxious. 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

it's better than looking at their statline

Until someone presents a better option, it's the best option. How many snaps did you concentrate watching Bailey or Suh this year? I would bet $100 the answer is "zero".

So I think the PFF score is a WAY better barometer than forming our entire opinion on googling two of their stats.

I love watching Mahomes, so way more than 0, and I was high on Bailey in the 2011 Draft so I've always followed along. The Chiefs are my AFC team, love Houston and Berry too. Keep the assumptions flowing.

Bailey has always been a consistent guy, typical good at everything great at nothing type. I think he'd be a solid 3rd guy.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I really get sick of the hate for PFF.  Yes, it has its faults.  No, it's not reliable for QB/WR/DB/RB/TE.  But yes, it absolutely is the best tool we have for ranking the play of offensive and defensive line play, including EDGE rushers.  You might watch one game from a player and see something and base your opinion on that.  PFF is a full-season aggregate of performances. 

However PFF grades things, they're grading it the same among all players.  Therefore, it is the absolute best tool that people have for ranking and judging and comparing players on the front line of football. 

Some people in here only use it when it suits them and dismisses it when it doesn't, and that's obnoxious. 

yep, it's a great point to start a conversation IMO. Helps you place guys in tiers at least.

Then if someone is interested they can dig into it further.

I bet 98/100 Packer fans would take Mike Daniels over Grady Jarrett right now. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Calling someone's season terrible based solely on their PFF score is the reason most people hate PFF, it has made fans lazy. They do some good things, but they are nothing more than an opinion based site.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I love watching Mahomes, so way more than 0, and I was high on Bailey in the 2011 Draft so I've always followed along. The Chiefs are my AFC team, love Houston and Berry too. Keep the assumptions flowing.

Bailey has always been a consistent guy, typical good at everything great at nothing type. I think he'd be a solid 3rd guy.

I'd actually take Chris Jones over Bailey. I like Bailey though and wouldn't mind snatching him in FA.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

you honestly focused on Bailey from snap to finish for more than zero plays this year?

I don't believe you.

Archived