Bears interested in Kareem Hunt?

malagabears

Other two incidents:

JANUARY: Kansas City, Missouri
A man walked in to a Kansas City police station on January 11 to report that he was assaulted on January 7 at a nightclub by several people, including Hunt and his teammate George Atkinson, according to a police incident report.

JUNE: Put-in-Bay, Ohio
Hunt was still on the Chiefs' roster on June 3 when police in Put-in-Bay, Ohio, responded to what the department called a "minor altercation" at a local establishment.
"All involved parties declined to pursue charges. Put-in-Bay officers then cleared the scene with nothing further to report," the Put-in-Bay Police Department said in a statement without describing what happened.
"Shortly after this incident occurred, the NFL sent an official to pursue other facts from this incident."
Local media, citing police and a witness to the altercation, reported Hunt punched a man at the Bay Lodging Resort.

16 hours ago, G08 said:

Other two incidents:

JANUARY: Kansas City, Missouri
A man walked in to a Kansas City police station on January 11 to report that he was assaulted on January 7 at a nightclub by several people, including Hunt and his teammate George Atkinson, according to a police incident report.

JUNE: Put-in-Bay, Ohio
Hunt was still on the Chiefs' roster on June 3 when police in Put-in-Bay, Ohio, responded to what the department called a "minor altercation" at a local establishment.
"All involved parties declined to pursue charges. Put-in-Bay officers then cleared the scene with nothing further to report," the Put-in-Bay Police Department said in a statement without describing what happened.
"Shortly after this incident occurred, the NFL sent an official to pursue other facts from this incident."
Local media, citing police and a witness to the altercation, reported Hunt punched a man at the Bay Lodging Resort.

January 7, 2018. I'd be very concerned, but you can write things into the contract and perhaps even require (if the NFL doesn't) anger management, etc.

January 7, 2019. No way in heck I sign a guy this either stupid and/or out of control. Who the heck allows themselves to get into this situation after what he's just been through and was cut from a team. He needs to concentrate on getting his life back into order full time.

2 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

January 7, 2018. I'd be very concerned, but you can write things into the contract and perhaps even require (if the NFL doesn't) anger management, etc.

January 7, 2019. No way in heck I sign a guy this either stupid and/or out of control. Who the heck allows themselves to get into this situation after what he's just been through and was cut from a team. He needs to concentrate on getting his life back into order full time.

I believe both these instances occurred PRIOR to him being released.

January 11, 2018 - Nightclub

February 10, 2018 - Fight on Camera

June 3, 2018 - "Minor altercation"

November 30, 2018 - Hunt Released by Chiefs

From the information I've gathered, the January incident there has been no corroboration that Hunt or Atkinson were even there.  One of the primary reasons no charges were filed.  The June incident was a pushing and screaming match with no blows thrown and the "witnesses" said they thought it might have been Hunt.  Again no charges filed.  

The NFL is going to have to wrap this investigation up before too long.  

18 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

From the information I've gathered, the January incident there has been no corroboration that Hunt or Atkinson were even there.  One of the primary reasons no charges were filed.  The June incident was a pushing and screaming match with no blows thrown and the "witnesses" said they thought it might have been Hunt.  Again no charges filed.  

The NFL is going to have to wrap this investigation up before too long.  

You underestimate the NFL. Look how long the Elliot investigation took. 

34 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

You underestimate the NFL. Look how long the Elliot investigation took. 

The Elliot investigation had a lot more to cover.  And a lot of experts involved.  There were no reported injuries in any of this.  There arent even any names to follow up on.  This should be as simple as reaching out to the officers on scene and finding out what they discovered.  The tape is pretty self explanatory.  The only reason the NFL is investigating the other incidents is bc they dont want to get caught with their pants down...again.

4 hours ago, G08 said:

I urge everyone to go back and re-watch the video from the Hunt incident, and then listen to these interviews:

Hadn't seen the whole video, just the start which I assumed was most of the video.  He even took out one of his own with a mis-named friendly fire push to the back that seemed to have caused the biggest hit on the victim.

Hunt shouldn't be playing in the NFL next season. He should be playing for the Allenville State Penitentiary Mean Machine along with (Reynolds or Sandler) Crewe.

I believe in giving folks a change to earn their living once they've paid their dues and in this case the dues should last one or more NFL seasons worth of time before the NFL even gets involved with their own suspensions.

11 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

He even took out one of his own with a mis-named friendly fire push to the back that seemed to have caused the biggest hit on the victim.

You realize the "victim" shoved that individual and he went pinballing off Hunt and back into her, right?

11 hours ago, G08 said:

I urge everyone to go back and re-watch the video from the Hunt incident, and then listen to these interviews:

Honestly, it's not that bad to me. Was it stupid and wrong? Yes!! Would I suspend him a whole season? Seriously???? No, I personally would give him 2 games. If this were his body guard would you react any differently? If this were a cop? A random dude? Don't get me wrong I'm in no way condoning violence against women, but he pushed her. The "kick" was barely a kick and more degrading than anything. I don't get why everyone is trying to appease the social justice warriors. Are they watching games and buying jerseys? Sorry, I just think people are overreacting. There are cases of guys threatening lives. This wasn't even close to ray rice level. 

Archived